MMI Update

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I have been quoted £376 to do a firmware update and 2020 maps update on my car from the dealer.
Does this sound about right?

Where u based. Ask @DJAlix
He updated my firmware and enable CarPlay too. But I didn’t get maps done tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’m in Northumberland, so London is a bit out of the question, but thanks anyway

includes a technician sat in your car for up to 2 hours plus the cost of the software........at Audi dealer prices!!

i had my maps and firmware from @DJAlix for a lot less :)

it probably takes an hour and 1 minute... so they'll round that up

Reactions: gary3306
Well it’s happening. The MMI is coming out and going with our fantastic Royal Mail (I’m not worried...honest), down to Alex for firmware & maps update and Audi Smartphone activation.

Reactions: Bishop187 and DJAlix
what's the benefit of having the firmwear updated?

Well I got my MMI back from @DJAlix yesterday. What a fantastic service. Kept me updated constantly with progression photos of the upgrade. I now have up to date MMI Firmware, 20/21 maps, Audi Smartphone and a few other tweeks. Over the moon with it. Don’t take your car anywhere else, Alex is your man
EE2FB7FE 27B3 40FF A9A5 969E91CCAE82
5FF22711 91CB 4A0F ABB4 1612652D9DD0

Reactions: akk_0091, DickoB8, DJAlix and 2 others
Well I got my MMI back from @DJAlix yesterday. What a fantastic service. Kept me updated constantly with progression photos of the upgrade. I now have up to date MMI Firmware, 20/21 maps, Audi Smartphone and a few other tweeks. Over the moon with it. Don’t take your car anywhere else, Alex is your man
View attachment 206165 View attachment 206166

Told ya . DJAlix strikes again hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DJAlix and gary3306
only reservation is that having tech pack advanced i have 2 phones linked.. would this still work with car play running?

I'd only want this so I can see my spotify on the screen, but as above with th etech pack advanced would both phones still work?

On my C8, whihc basically has the same as the MMI 3G+ system fitted to C7s with the Tech Pack, activating CarPlay disables the bluetooth connection for both phones. Would assume the c7 is no different

On my C8, whihc basically has the same as the MMI 3G+ system fitted to C7s with the Tech Pack, activating CarPlay disables the bluetooth connection for both phones. Would assume the c7 is no different

Actually that is correct. As soon as the Carplay connection is used, the bluetooth is inactive

Only one phone remains active when either running Apple CarPlay or andriod auto. Having two phones myself I was a bit annoyed but then merged both iPhone 8plus in to an 11 pro max via sim and e-sim :)