MMI Update Software

Hi. Thanks for replies. this is why I like these forums.
Is this just an Audi main dealer thing?
Im new to the Audi world with this being the first one I’ve bought but I do love the thing!!
Dealership or authorised 3rd party such as myself :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
Hi. Thanks for replies. this is why I like these forums.
Is this just an Audi main dealer thing?
Im new to the Audi world with this being the first one I’ve bought but I do love the thing!!

+1

Don’t take it to dodgy guy with fake software that could potentially screw up your car.

@DJAlix the best at what he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. Spoken to @DJAlix earlier.
Took the time to explain to a new novice Audi owner exactly what I had and how to improve things.
All options and solutions freely given, Top bloke!!
I think I’m my case Appleplay is way forward.
@T-1000 He speaks highly of you too, so one of you will be getting car if I get stuck!!
Regards
Steve.

Reactions: 8YARWY and jdp1962
I had an Apple CarPlay/Android Auto unit retrofitted last year and I absolutltr
Took the time to explain to a new novice Audi owner exactly what I had and how to improve things.
@T-1000 He speaks highly of you too, so one of you will be getting car if I get stuck!!
Regards
Steve.
CarPlay retrofit is definitely the way forward. Great news that you've got a solution from the forum.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Regards
Steve.

Not too far from you if you need something doing in conjunction with Alex.

435B5ADC 888D 45C9 9E3C 3592A1D01409
Hi I have q5 61 plate
version 3g_dab_k0098
Is this basic or high?
Thanks

Hi mate,

I've bought off eBay the 2020 maps update. The guy send me the links with firmware update, maps update and activator.
I've payed 25 pounds (using my own 32GB SD Card) and he sent me the download links.
Everything went smooth. Took like almost a day to set everything up.

Let me know if you want more details about this.

Cheers,
Catalin

Have you the link for where you got it ?

dbaf80f837bd0d97aef18e221adb30fd.jpg

This is the current set up I had on my car looking to upgrade it does anyone have the link to download and update ?

This is where I purchased from. Good seller on Ebay under name of technik_diag (currently sitting at 99.7% feedback) with over 1200 transactions. Best £60 you'll spend. Instructions are straight-forward.

Speak to the seller before you buy - as he'll confirm if software is compatible. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-202...Map-SD-Update-6-32-1-8R0060884HQ/313138511882

Worked for me. As mentioned it takes around 3 hours to update on the SD cards with a battery charger hooked up. I think the main dealer is charging upwards of £180, and there's only so much Audi coffee you can drink while you wait! :readit:

I had a question about the firmware update. After it loads everything it gives you the screen with an the different options. Should I have set all to Yes or was going with the defaults the best choice?

I had a question about the firmware update. After it loads everything it gives you the screen with an the different options. Should I have set all to Yes or was going with the defaults the best choice?
So I installed the defaults and then later decided to re-install everything after not being able to update the maps. Now I can't install updates either. :(

Am I missing something? The MIB1 doesn't have the green menu so I don't know how to get around this.

I installed MHIG_EU_AU_P1531 over top MHIG_EU_AU_S0337. That is the correct one, yes?
You are in the wrong section. This thread is for A4 B8/8.5 with MMI. You have a B9 (just a guess as you are in the A4 section) with MIB unit. This leads to a lot of confusion. I’ve no idea if it’s the right version. Sorry.

You are in the wrong section. This thread is for A4 B8/8.5 with MMI. You have a B9 (just a guess as you are in the A4 section) with MIB unit. This leads to a lot of confusion. I’ve no idea if it’s the right version. Sorry.
Oh! Well that may explain why this thread has only been more confusing than anything else. :D

Thanks!

-brian