MMI Update Software

Lol sure :)
Main thing to remember if removing old dB and partition (if you're doing that) is that the car screen looks stuck for about 10 mins but it's doing its thing, once it finished the MMI will switch off or restart then you can carry on to the next stage. Oh and pop a car battery charger on the car before you start updating the maps, otherwise you have to leave the engine on which isn't ideal for your fuel consumption / environment ;)

Nice early question from me that I think may be a stumbling block.........

When installing the firmware, do I need to enable "SWDL" and "User Defined Mode" in the green menu, and "User Defined" in the engineering menu ??

I don't have Bose or B/O speakers.

I didn't, I updated firmware ,(stock, I think!) Then ran script to enable green menu which I then used to delete nav DB and then partition and then into engineering menu to update the maps. I also don't have Bose or B&O hence I went for stock, no risk of bricking the sound system :)

I didn't, I updated firmware ,(stock, I think!) Then ran script to enable green menu which I then used to delete nav DB and then partition and then into engineering menu to update the maps. I also don't have Bose or B&O hence I went for stock, no risk of bricking the sound system :)

thanks for that :icon thumright:

Reactions: HertS3
Got green menu activated.
Firmware is installed.

Just downloading the maps to the SD card now.

Just want to double check there's no need to remove / delete the old maps ??

Apparently there isn't, I did for good measure (both times). Doing well! It's the firmware I was most worried about as most likely to brick it. If the maps don't work you just end up without maps (hopefully) until sorted!

Apparently there isn't, I did for good measure (both times). Doing well! It's the firmware I was most worried about as most likely to brick it. If the maps don't work you just end up without maps (hopefully) until sorted!

Good stuff, I'll risk writing over them.

I don't think it writes over, which is why it can cause some issues, but most people did it that way and said it was fine

Hmmm.....the maps update button pressing process didn't resemble anything like the instructions ?? :culpability:

Will find out in an hour and a half if it's worked ??

Red engineering menu with percentages for each item named like the folders, LIT1, PSD etc? Fingers crossed!

All done for me too !! :yahoo:

I sooooo need a cuppa :sadlike:

IMG 2837
IMG 2838

Reactions: jdp1962 and HertS3
Ok, I have a question...I went the disc route, and updating went fine apart from me updating disk 1, then disc 2....when I tried disc 3 the display said no updates selected. The Bluetooth is now not available via MMI, (it looks like I should have uploaded discs 1 then 3, then 2 (twice).

Anyone any ideas how to restore the Bluetooth?

Thanks

Not sure, didn't even know there was a disc method! Much safer with SD card ;)
My guess would be to do a user defined firmware installation and select Bluetooth?

A big thank you to everyone that helped me do my update, both on here and behind the scenes in pm's......you know who you are :icon thumright:. There are some great "how to's" on Youtube too, they really helped.

And what might be easy for some.....is certainly more difficult for others !! (might be an age thing....52 ??) :redface new:

It wasn't so much the update that was difficult for me, it was downloading all the rar files as zips, the multiple failed downloads because I wanted the latest maps, extracting them and getting your head round the whole updating process. If it's not something you're familiar with......it's hard work.

The download itself wasn't that difficult because I'd taken the time to research it, but the pdf instructions didn't match what was happening during the download on quite a few occasions, and it was a case of press what you think is right and hope for the best :readit:

Cheers everyone :sm4:

Reactions: HertS3
I wonder when the '21 maps are released so we can do this all over again :D

Reactions: Tiger-G and jdp1962
Hi
Thread few months old but been having issues installing an update kit off eBay.
Deleted database and partition on green screen, now when trying to update it only wants to update 2 devices and shows the “?” On one of them. Can anyone help me? Bit scared of messing about too much as don’t want it broke completely lol

Attachments

• A66BC319-9288-49D8-991F-D67E7E640921.jpeg
    A66BC319-9288-49D8-991F-D67E7E640921.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 92E0BFE6-9E15-457A-B8B9-1AB62F4AB5B9.jpeg
    92E0BFE6-9E15-457A-B8B9-1AB62F4AB5B9.jpeg
    624.6 KB · Views: 320
  • C0B686EF-919E-43E4-94BD-7533C3994C43.jpeg
    C0B686EF-919E-43E4-94BD-7533C3994C43.jpeg
    613.4 KB · Views: 317
You need to enable user defined and select all in the Audi 3G_ECE folder
No not select boot files

Reactions: JoeT
Hi thanks for quick reply. Do I just need to tick all the applications in that folder? What about everything else that says NA, I thought more things would be updating? thanks again

Yeah cheers, just done it at work no errors and nav now booting up. Hopefully route guide will work on the way home in the morning. If so thanks a lot mate for the help, if you send me your PayPal I’ll buy you a pint lol

My A6 has Bluetooth version 3.70.4 with RMC_EU_K16152.

Is it possible for me to update the Bluetooth version myself?

The answer is yes, you can. You can do a custom update, and see if bluetooth module needs updating.

Do not use MMI 3G files with an RMC unit. This will not end well.

Just updated the firmware and 2020 maps on my 2012 Allroad.

Bit of context to this. I updated my wife's i3 map via BMW connect for £49 earlier this month.Long story short, needed to format a 32GB USB to Fat32 and then download 20Gb link which also came with an authentication code. Bit of a faf, if I'm honest, but it's possible do via remote signal to the car and it updates itself, obviously more expensive.

Got me thinking about my own car. We drive through to Glasgow, well used to before this bleed' n virus to visit our daughter's at university, so half the time it doesn't recognise roads, and half the time I'm driving across farmer's fields metaphorically speaking!

Anyway looked at this whole A5OC link. Not for me. Had enough of multiple downloads and interpretating instructions, can't use my work PC as IT will be all over me like a rash if I start formatting SD cards, plus our Mac is 2011, so that in itself throws up issues.

Bought a link after communicating with a seller on EBay. Identified my MMI system after a couple of emails and paid £50. Today arrived 3 SD cards, including MMI firmware, 2020 map, and authentication card.

Took around 3 hours, so hooked a battery charger. Also included was a detailed and bound photocopied manual.

All installed, and delighted. I'm sure the freeware link works, just not for me. Happy to pay the money which is still a damn site cheaper than main dealer which I think is circa £180.

Anyone needs a link, contact me.

Hi All.
I've read through this thread, and to be honest, it may as well be in swarheli!! So I checked the last couple of posts about ebay links, yep, that's my kinda option, just pay for it!
But, looking on ebay, no one offers firmware or map upgrade for A3's.
This is what I've got, I don't believe its ever been touched since it was born in 2015.
Can anyone help me out with pre done SD cards I can simply put in machine and press 'upload'????
Obviously willing to pay for this.
Or better still, anyone around Leeds/Yorkshire thats done it and I'll come to you.

cheers
Steve
IMG 1690
IMG 1691
IMG 1691

You have what’s known as an RMC unit. This is not an MMI3G so don’t attempt to use the files in this thread.

Hi All.
I've read through this thread, and to be honest, it may as well be in swarheli!! So I checked the last couple of posts about ebay links, yep, that's my kinda option, just pay for it!
This is what I've got, I don't believe its ever been touched since it was born in 2015.
Can anyone help me out with pre done SD cards I can simply put in machine and press 'upload'????
Or better still, anyone around Leeds/Yorkshire thats done it and I'll come to you.

cheers
Steve
View attachment 212280 View attachment 212281 View attachment 212281

[mention]DJAlix [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All.

cheers
Steve
View attachment 212280 View attachment 212281 View attachment 212281
Not MMI, this is MIB1 Standard and is not a DIY update.

Hi. Thanks for replies. this is why I like these forums.
Is this just an Audi main dealer thing?
Im new to the Audi world with this being the first one I’ve bought but I do love the thing!!