MMI Update Software

For MMI3G High (HNav...)
Do not copy the folders
pkgdb/ LIT3GP, LIT3GP2, LIT3GP3, LIT3GP4

For MMI3GP (HN+...)
Do not copy the folders
pkgdb/ LIT, LIT2, LIT3

I had the same problem. 32GB SD card (real size was 29.7GB) and the archive unpacked was like 35.6GB.
So I unzipped all the files on my local drive and deleted LIT1, LIT2 and LIT3 (If I remember correctly). Then copied the files manually to the SD card and the update failed. Navigation was broken for couple of days.
What I would suggest to do is to unpack the archive (for some reason 7zip works, WINrar does not work - this when updating the maps on mmi), delete the folders, use 7zip to make an archive again then unzip the archive straight to the SD Card.

Let me know if you need any more info about this.

Catalin

If you ask me, the prices from UpgradeMyAudi are a bit expensive.

Yeah, they are expensive, but at least you know you are getting something that works. Here's me again trying to get 2020 maps for free, and spending all day trying to download the files with multiple failed downloads after hours of trying......

......I won't be beaten though, I'm going to get these 2020 maps !! :friendly wink:

Check eBay mate, I've got them for 25 quid. Software update, maps update, TCM, activator. It's pocket change comparing to upgrademyaudi or audi itself.

Oh how we laughed.......with only 6 mins to go of a 2 hour download, and 3.5GB of 3.8GB downloaded, yet another fail :rage:

Failed download

Check eBay mate, I've got them for 25 quid. Software update, maps update, TCM, activator. It's pocket change comparing to upgrademyaudi or audi itself.

Ha,ha, I can't bring myself to spend any money on something that should be free from Audi :tonguewink:

I took the plunge...firmware updating at the moment, might be brave enough to try the maps later, or leave it for tomorrow lol

I took the plunge...firmware updating at the moment, might be brave enough to try the maps later, or leave it for tomorrow lol

Go on !! Great having a guinea pig to try things first !! :icon thumright:

Success! Pretty easy once I got through the faff of transferring the data on to the card from Mac to PC (couldn't get Mac to read my card, work PC doesn't have WiFi so had to use USB to transfer files across!

Attachments

• 20200620_162012.jpg
    20200620_162012.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 483
What browser are you using?

I'm pretty sure there should be some sort of uninterrupted download manager or something in case your connection drops.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-download-managers-4129266 - Check this out, it might help you.

The files I'm trying to
What browser are you using?

I'm pretty sure there should be some sort of uninterrupted download manager or something in case your connection drops.

https://www.lifewire.com/free-download-managers-4129266 - Check this out, it might help you.

The 2020 files I'm trying to download and extract are all linked to NCH Software express zip file compression, so with limited knowledge on zip files I'm stuck with that. If it doesn't work this time, I'm just going with the easier to download 2019 maps.

Trouble is.....I like the best and most up to date, and hate been beaten by something !! :tonguewink:

SD cards are not necessarily a must.
If you have the media port with usb you can update the map using that. That's what I did.

Reactions: HertS3
Anyone that's done this, does removing the old nav database take ages? Had this screen for a while, do I just wait?

Attachments

• 15926747468697319246296368606193.jpg
    15926747468697319246296368606193.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 448
OK, I left the car for a bit and came back and the MMI was off, carrying on with the next stage (nav HDD partition delete), fingers crossed!
Seem to be stuck again lol

Attachments

• 15926752565606527962877680405558.jpg
    15926752565606527962877680405558.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 428
OK, so it took a good 10 mins stuck on that then I was sitting there when the MMI restarted itself. Now I'm trying to update the maps, but it keep saying the medium is currently unavailable...help!

SD cards are not necessarily a must.
If you have the media port with usb you can update the map using that. That's what I did.

Hmmmm......that's interesting ?? So if you've got the Audi USB cable you can use that ?? Is that just for what Hert is doing now, or for the whole process ??

Anyone that's done this, does removing the old nav database take ages? Had this screen for a while, do I just wait?

Which firmware did you use in the end to enable the green menu.....stock or modified ??

No sign of Bose / B&O on my speakers so I must just have standard Audi system.

You don’t need to delete the old database. Just install over the top. I and many other on the A5 forum have done this with no issues.

I used the stock firmware, I think! Downloaded it 3 times so not sure which one I used in the end. Got green menu by running the script, just put on the SD card, wait for car to load then it says press any key, press then it loads it! Takes a good couple of mins waiting when you start the MMI before the green menu comes on.

Ignore me on that fault, the card is formatted as ExFAT so I could write on it on my Mac, copying the files to my PC now, format the card as FAT32 and copy the files back on, then to try again!

Last edited:
I used the stock firmware, I think! Downloaded it 3 times so not sure which one I used in the end. Got green menu by running the script, just put on the SD card, wait for card to load then it says press any key, press then it loads it! Takes a good couple of mins waiting when you start the MMI before the green menu comes on.

Ignore me on that fault, the card is formatted as ExFAT so I could write on it on my Mac, copying the files to my PC now, format the card as FAT32 and copy the files back kn, then to try again!

:icon thumright:

OK now that's it's on a FAT32 card it's updating :) should be finished around 10 hopefully

Whilst it's still updating, the manual says to make sure you use the right activator for your firmware otherwise you can brick the MMI, but I could only see one on the A5OC website. I want to make sure it's right so there's no bricking!

EDIT: OK the website says it works on 18/19 maps do should be fine :)

Last edited:
All done and activated :)

Well done mate, glad you got it sorted :sm4:

I'm finally getting my head round these 2020 map files from the links on page 167 on A5OC. From what I now understand, the six zip files that took all day to download contained exactly the same folders, so you only need to download one of them in the first place. At no stage is that explained. It was only when extracting them and getting a prompt "do you want to overwrite previous files" did it finally dawn on me !! :rage:

Picking up my memory card on Monday, so hopefully I can get cracking installing them soon. Hope it's worth all the hassle ?? :crying:

Oh, how annoying. You can be the guinea pig for the '20 maps then :thumbs up:
If it's easy I might upgrade again though not sure it's worth the aggravation for slightly newer data!

Well done pal. Doubt the 1 year upgrade would be worth it. Although it won't need activating again. It'll stay activated.

Reactions: HertS3
Oh, that's good. If I get bored might give it a go lol.
The process was actually simple, it was only convoluted cos of my set up (PC with no internet access, Mac is 9 years old so no USB 3 and was refusing to write to FAT32 most of the time)

Well done mate, glad you got it sorted :sm4:

I'm finally getting my head round these 2020 map files from the links on page 167 on A5OC. From what I now understand, the six zip files that took all day to download contained exactly the same folders, so you only need to download one of them in the first place. At no stage is that explained. It was only when extracting them and getting a prompt "do you want to overwrite previous files" did it finally dawn on me !! :rage:

Picking up my memory card on Monday, so hopefully I can get cracking installing them soon. Hope it's worth all the hassle ?? :crying:
Do you have the link to the files? The only link I found on that page requires a login...

EDIT: found a magnet link, page 164 ;)

Last edited:
Do you have the link to the files? The only link I found on that page requires a login...

EDIT: found a magnet link, page 164 ;)

Page 167 of A5OC, post 3322, Babari posted a link to Digital-Eliteboard.com. It's a German site, you have to register and translate it to English.....oh what fun :blue:

Have a go and let me know (guinea pig again !! :friendly wink:)

Last edited:
Nah forget that, page 164, magnet link straight into uTorrent ;) already finished downloading!

Just undid all the hard work of yesterday, removed nav DB and partition and started the update for the 2020 maps...Hope I don't regret it!

You don’t need to delete the nav dB. Just install over the top of it.