1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMI update and changing default email

sunshinewelly Dec 5, 2018 at 11:55 AM

1. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

2 quick questions. I am sure my MMI has updated itself as i cant locate anyway to either update it or satnav maps. There used to me a setting but its gone?

also does anyone know how i can change my email server. My car picks up my gmail account but i would rather it pick up my work Microsoft exchange address.

I cant even recall setting up email or my calender but my callender picks up all my work entries

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

The only way to change your login email for MyAudi is to delete your account completely then make a new one and enter your VIN number again. Then, of course, you'll have to do the same in the car. I've just done this to see if my account was corrupt in some way and causing issues. Didn't take long though...

4. DotNetDude

DotNetDude Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

The car isn't picking up your email directly, which is why you don't have to do anything to set it up. It is picking up the default email application that is setup on your phone. If you go into your phone settings and change the default email app, your car should pick that up. Alternatively, whatever app you are using for your gmail, reconfigure that email app to instead use your work exchange account that you want to see in your car - and move the gmail account onto a new/separate email app.

5. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

6. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

I am sure all my Google, Office365, Samsung and my car calendars all do synchronise..

7. L_G

L_G Active Member Team Daytona Team V6 Audi S5

I seem to recall allowing access to my calendar, etc via one of the apps