MMI / touchscreen issues

outonalimb

Reaction score
For those interested, I have posted my MMI / touchscreen issue on YouTube. Like I mention in the description, maybe it could be some kind of Apple CarPlay compatibility issue? I have an iPhone 11 so I would expect it to work.

It's currently in with Audi to try and resolve so will update you all later.

Cheers

I long suspected that Apple CarPlay has been to root of all my problems. I’ve not had any real issues with mine since the last update and I stopped using CarPlay.
I’ve a iPhone X so not a new phone at least 2 years old.

I long suspected that Apple CarPlay has been to root of all my problems. I’ve not had any real issues with mine since the last update and I stopped using CarPlay.
I’ve a iPhone X so not a new phone at least 2 years old.
Interesting, a colleague has a 2019 A1 and was given a list of compatible iPhones from Audi when he was plagued by issues with the MMI and dropped Bluetooth calls:

Iphone 11
Iphone 11 pro
Iphone 11 pro max
Iphone 12
Iphone 12 pro
Iphone 12 pro max
Iphone 12 mini
Iphone SE (2020)
Iphone Xr
Iphone Xs
Iphone Xs Max

I have an iPhone 11 and always have it connected to wireless car play and have never had an issue

It's happened with mine and I've only cabled Android phones/Android Auto. Others have said it happens without cabling a phone too so I don't think even Audi know the real reason. I've had compatibility issues using three different Android phones, a Samsung S9, Samsung S21 Ultra and a OnePlus 7 Pro.

To release a system that isn't compatible with most devices across the board is pretty poor tbf and for dealers to point the finger at your device as the culprit is lazy.

Update from yesterday's trip to Audi...

They have no idea what's causing it and want the car for a few days next week for more troubleshooting. I'm not confident that this will be sorted though anytime soon. It must be some kind of software compatibility problem and to want you to have the latest iPhone is crazy!

Update from yesterday's trip to Audi...

They have no idea what's causing it and want the car for a few days next week for more troubleshooting. I'm not confident that this will be sorted though anytime soon. It must be some kind of software compatibility problem and to want you to have the latest iPhone is crazy!
Having the latest iPhone is usually the issue with Audi - They're always 1 model and 1 operating system behind

Pretty good here also....I just get in the car, press the start and my iphone 11 (ios 14.6) connects to carplay with no issues.

That's the first time I've seen a permanent black screen. Usually it's the flickering stuff with carplay.

I also agree the phone compatibility is a cop out, the software is buggy and has been for almost over a year now (since I ordered my first car).

Hopefully they fix the mmi issues soon, especially as nearly every new Audi will be fitted with the same systems

My car was in lset Friday for a latest software update to rectify my issues. The updates have finally brought my sat nav, cruise control, drive select and Android Auto back.

The update hasn't resolved the issues with the rear parking sensors, that's back with a vengeance. The MMI still reboots more times than it should and is glitchy and links with the phone when it feels like it. I've been told by the dealer that my car has the most recent updates now and if the issues return there is absolutely nothing more they can do for it - until any further updates arrive.

The issue is now with Audi UK for them to make a proposed solution.

All I can say is my software is dated 08/20 ....The car itself was built Nov20 and delivered (or picked up outside with silly masks on!!!) in Feb 21.
Edition1 Manual 35tfsi...... maybe a long shot but are these issues with the automatics due to the more advanced controls based around the cruise control - distance - lane assist - steering wheel(was said only the round wheel had censors, but my flat bottom knows when I let go of the wheel!)........The automatics obviously can control the cruise control speed, and changing gears accordingly......
I have not looked to see if owners of `manual` cars are reporting any issues...or is this isolated to the automatics and there slightly more complex electronics??!
Like I said I have had no real issues with the car itself, the app on the other hand is pointless and useless at best!......why not have an aduible alert to let you know that you forgot to close a window or lock the car!!!!....and some connection upgrade would be good, after all my car is around 10ft away on my driveway!!!!!....I have more chance connecting to my neighbours motor!..... I hope you manage to solve the issues.