1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMI Touch writing zero vs o

Josh3184 Feb 10, 2019

1. Josh3184

Josh3184 New Member

I've tried to find the answer to this online but no dice so far!

With the touchpad on the top of the MMI dial, I find it's inconsistent as to whether it thinks I've written an o (the letter) vs a 0 (the number).

Does anyone have a consistent way of making sure it knows which one you've written? I was hoping that maybe drawing the zero with a strike through it might help but that just puts the foreign Ø character (from Scandinavian languages).

I was also having trouble with an l and a 1 briefly but worked out that a line straight down would be an l and a line straight down with the little line at the top would be consistently read correctly as a 1.

Anyone got any advice?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Ormesome

Ormesome Well-Known Member TDi quattro S tronic S-line owners group Quantum Grey Q2 owners group

“o” is rounder and smaller!
    “0” is more oval and bigger!

That’s my strategy, but can you guess which is which?!! :tearsofjoy:

4. Josh3184

Josh3184 New Member

Weirdly I found the only way it would differentiate was drawing the 0 a lot smaller and that's the only thing that makes it think it's a zero!

Tall and narrow = o
    Small and circular = 0

^ According to my car! Totally the wrong way round.

5. Ormesome

Ormesome Well-Known Member TDi quattro S tronic S-line owners group Quantum Grey Q2 owners group

Those look the same so I don’t know what you sorte go comment! Haha! But a zero is always more oval. That’s what I try to write and it seems to work!!

Tags: