Facelift MMI Spotify Album artwork

Da3k

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before but had a quick search and nothing seemed to deal with this issue specifically.

Picked up my brand new A3 sline 3 months ago and I’ve noticed recently that on connecting my phone by BT to the MMI and using Spotify absolutely none of the album artwork comes through when playing tracks or podcasts. The only thing showing is a generic music genre tile.

Any help greatly appreciated! :thumbs up:

It's the same on my S5 however what is odd is some songs it will pull through the correct artwork.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's the same on my S5 however what is odd is some songs it will pull through the correct artwork.

Spotify album art seems like some sort mythical creature from anything I’ve read with no real definitive answers. Only reason I noticed was like yourself I’ve seen the correct artwork on a few songs and then it’s disappeared, never to show its face again. Going to try with Apple Music later to see if it’s behaviour is any different.

Apologies if this has been asked before but had a quick search and nothing seemed to deal with this issue specifically.

Picked up my brand new A3 sline 3 months ago and I’ve noticed recently that on connecting my phone by BT to the MMI and using Spotify absolutely none of the album artwork comes through when playing tracks or podcasts. The only thing showing is a generic music genre tile.

Any help greatly appreciated! :thumbs up:

I am a techo dinosaur. Is spotify an internet thing? If so then your Audi Connect license [limited free internet access] has expired and that is why it is not working. After about 3 to 4 months with my new 2019 A3 I lost the ability to call up weather details etc using Audi Connect. I contacted customer services and they have reactivated it for another 13 moths free of charge.

Colin

I am a techo dinosaur. Is spotify an internet thing? If so then your Audi Connect license [limited free internet access] has expired and that is why it is not working. After about 3 to 4 months with my new 2019 A3 I lost the ability to call up weather details etc using Audi Connect. I contacted customer services and they have reactivated it for another 13 moths free of charge.

Colin
Completely different thing mate. Spotify is an online music streaming service, music being streamed through the car via Bluetooth. Audi Connect has nothing to do with it.

I’ve had this problem with my a6’s and my current s3. It looks like the higher res album art doesn’t come through BT but does with a cable connection. Sounds quality is better with cable connection anyway.

Reactions: Adam14
Thanks for all the replies, disappointing it seems to be related to the image size with no real workable solution. Might go down the cable/CarPlay route if it continues to annoy but haven’t even used CarPlay yet so I have no idea how it implements things and if any better than the Audi MMI.

Thanks for all the replies, disappointing it seems to be related to the image size with no real workable solution. Might go down the cable/CarPlay route if it continues to annoy but haven’t even used CarPlay yet so I have no idea how it implements things and if any better than the Audi MMI.
I use Android Auto 99% of the time. It's really easy to use and is a lot easier than Audi's MMI.

I use Android Auto 99% of the time. It's really easy to use and is a lot easier than Audi's MMI.

Android auto and CarPlay doesn’t work with the virtual cockpit which annoys me. Always find traffic updates much better on google maps than the MMI nav

I’ve the tech pack in mine so will have to see how it gets on with VC.

Android auto and CarPlay doesn’t work with the virtual cockpit which annoys me. Always find traffic updates much better on google maps than the MMI nav
Yeah that is my one gripe, if Google maps/AA pulled through to VC that would be super helpful.
However get on just fine with Google maps on central screen and then have the general Mpg info and music on the VC in sport display.

Yeah that is my one gripe, if Google maps/AA pulled through to VC that would be super helpful.
However get on just fine with Google maps on central screen and then have the general Mpg info and music on the VC in sport display.

Would be good to get the full functionality of AA or CP on the vc. Things like playlist, albums etc
Tech is there and the TT has it so don’t understand why they don’t give it as an option on other cars with vc.

Lack of playlists and other album tracks is disappointing, have always found it strange no other information came though bar that for the current playing song. Is that issue something on the Audi or Spotify side?

Lack of playlists and other album tracks is disappointing, have always found it strange no other information came though bar that for the current playing song. Is that issue something on the Audi or Spotify side?
If you're on about purely navigating when connected via BT its Audi. However through AA/CarPlay it's like having the Spotify app. Can browse saved playlists, artists, recently played etc. Much easier and better imo

Yeah it’s the navigation with BT control side of things, will definitely have to give CarPlay a try.