Mmi Screen

AlS3BE

Reaction score
hi folks
Think my ocd is kicking in again.
So quick question. Is the screen/housing sit flush with your dash?
Mine seems to be a couple of mm down on all sides.
It would be good if you could post a pic for comparison.

Cheers
Al

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
Mine sits the same in the S3 8V, will try and post a pic after work. Can't seem to work out how to upload pics onto here...

Is that not a bit poor?
Surely a couple of washers in the bracket will make it look a hell lot better and completely flush with rest of the dash.

Couple of pics. Can't say I've ever noticed but think mine is a tiny bit more flush?
IMG 20180828 10073101
IMG 20180828 10072901

Can't say it bothers me anyway.

Tolerance differences mean it will never be designed to be flush and why you get small differences car to car. Aesthetically the current design is the best all round option, Trying to make it sit flush will result in more complaints based on it protruding or laying below the dash, I am sure they have down the human factors testing to support the current design

Maybe I’m just ocd but I expect a bit better on German cars. It like the panel gaps on the body. Audis, BMW’s and Mercedes(your Bentley, astons etc should be even better) should be the best in the business for finishes, gaps etc

Maybe I’m just ocd but I expect a bit better on German cars. It like the panel gaps on the body. Audis, BMW’s and Mercedes(your Bentley, astons etc should be even better) should be the best in the business for finishes, gaps etc

In my experience they are better than Ford, Toyota etc etc. And certainly better than other VAG brands such as SEAT. And don’t see much problem if any with your MMI

Maybe you are a little OCD as you say :)

You have matched my OCD, I noticed it straight away and just didn’t look right. I mentioned it when I had it into audi a few weeks back for some other stuff and they happily showed me around other A3’s which were indeed the same, so I was content with that. But I entirely agree it should be flush, it spoils a quality finish, I can’t imagine it is something difficult to get right, and even if it is, it’s an audi, get it right!

Reactions: AlS3BE