MMI Screen

Madmo

Reaction score
is there anyway I can raise the MMI screen to clean it without having it powered up as i dont want to damage it with it being on?

Why would you damage it by cleaning it when it's on? It can't be very dirty anyway, so only need gently wiping. The fact that it's on would make no difference I think.

maybe he wants to use his jet wash,..... You would definitely want it powered down then

Reactions: Schizophonic and Madmo
I would prefer it to be powered off incase i lean too hard on the screen and damage it. Its got a few greasy looking marks on it that arent easily removed as ive already tried a gentle wipe with a clean cloth. Using my jet wash sounds like a great idea @Ben Daniel Grant lol

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
With the ignition off, hold down the menu button on the centre console. That would power it in and just use a microfiber cloth to wipe it. No need to out any cleaning fluid. Mine was only dusty and used a mf cloth and that resolved my problem..

Reactions: xpoweruk and Madmo
I use a clean piece of kitchen towel and a tiny drop of handwash liquid on my iPad. Just work it carefully until the liquid has disappeared, then polish with another paper towel.
But I wouldn't expect the MMI screen to be greasy like an iPad, so probably just need the MF as suggested. But you do mention grease, so maybe do need a bit of gentle de-greasing.

Reactions: Madmo