MMI screen random not comming up

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not sure if any of you have had this glitch but my MMI non tech pack screen on my MY15 A3 sline has decided first thing in the morning to not come up 2 times on the last 3 weeks.

Not sure if I should be concern as then its only to press the button on the dashboard and it comes up but I would like to know if any of you have had the same..

Many thanks

I've had the opposite happen to me last week. When I switched my MMI off the screen didn't retract automatic as it normally does. Even when I switched the ignition off and took key out it didn't retract.

It's only when I got out of the car, locked it, opened it, switched ignition on, and then switched on the MMI. Did it then retract when I pressed the button.

It's been fine ever since.

Reactions: Raul_sbd
Had it a few times, just put it down to a glitch.

I have had it not pop up when I select reverse once or twice.
I put it down to the electronics just being lazy once in a while.

I have had it not pop up when I select reverse once or twice.
I put it down to the electronics just being lazy once in a while.
Could be that the electronics being lazy as both of the times was near freezing temp outside and also I think was in a hurry so quickly engaging reverse gear.. I will keep an eye .

Thanks for the info

Happened to me this week. Left it a couple of hours and worked fine since.

Happened to me this week. Left it a couple of hours and worked fine since.
So weird that.. not have done it since.. but it has happened already 2 times .. electrical glitches i believe.

I had a weird one.... got in the car one morning and the screen was down but the cover had not "deployed" thus I could see the retracted screen. Turned car on and screen came up and when used the button to put it down the cover deployed.

Mine has decided not to retract again today. Booked it into the dealers to get it looked at. I've videoed the fault as well just in case it doesn't do it again. Weird thing is is that it seems to fix itself after a couple of minutes with the key out the ignition and putting them back in.

Another update guys,

The dealer sent my video to Audi in Germany who came back with replacing the 'MMI mounting'.

The part number was listed on my paperwork was as item 5. They also had to replace item 7 "the dash trim" as apparently it's a once only part. To earlier to say if it's worked but they did mention there's a TPI for the greasing up the MMI mechanism if anyone's makes a noise.
IMG 0420