Facelift MMI Screen not coming up

Darroch

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix the MMI screen if it fails to pop up when the ignition is started? Got a new A3 and this is the second time the MMI screen failed to pop up when starting the engine. Currently driving a two hour journey and can't use the sat nav or any other MMI functions.

Have you tried using the manual switch on the dash to see if that resets it mate?

I've tried the manual power button and also tried leaving it off for 20mins and still nothing.

What's the three button method?

Whilst pressing down the rotating knob, push the two side buttons toward the front of the car.

rah-8611.jpg

Cheers mate. Still nothing though. How long do I hold it down for?

Just turn ye car off for a while an turn it back on hour or so worked when mine done it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hardware reset command in theory should be immediate. It would then take 20-30 seconds to fully reboot though!

For 8V models this is the re-boot method for the MMi

That button configuration has changed in 2017 I guess (there are two metal look buttons either side of the wheel instead of four black plastic ones).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: paradigital
Screen on my PFL started playing up after about 12 months, didn't even try this. Went straight to Audi and they had a new unit in within a week :)

Si :)

For 8V models this is the re-boot method for the MMi

I wanted to try this a few weeks back, but when I asked my female neighbor if she would sit in the car with me and push my big knob down whilst I pushed the small buttons she slapped me across the face! :sadlike::blink:

Reactions: davemk