MMI screen mechanism greasing

ErVaLt

Reaction score
My mmi screen is currently very creaky when deploying. It is not the original screen but part of a retrofit so Audi won't help me.
By removing the screen and the top cover the mechanism is pretty much exposed, I can see the pin shafts on the sides and inside where the motor is. There is some leftover white grease in some points but its mostly gone. The small door that retracts to leave the screen out is itself very noisy.
Maybe one of you guys/girls has some tips on which grease to use and where and how to apply it to "cure" this issue.

a5ZcbUS.jpg

ifujWty.jpg

hxMA3pF.jpg

a801Gsw.jpg

Hope this helps
Cheers

What is the best grease to use in this case?

He's mainly to be found in the 8P forum, but @NHN does pop in here from time to time.

I think this section does his head in ;)

does anyone know how to remove the plastic cover to access the MMI mechanism?

UPDATE: silicon grease completely cured my problem. I greased all moving parts that i could reach by hand without removing the mechanism itself (although the screen assembly had to be removed). It took a few weeks of use to settle but its been two months now and its basically noiseless when going up/down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snibo
Hi all, managed to get my MMI Cradle changed under warranty so worth pointing out if you are still under it. £800 parts and labour. Once I'm out of warranty definitely a useful thread though nevertheless.