1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

mmi removal key

Dusty Des Jul 31, 2020

1. Dusty Des

Dusty Des Member

Looked every where and cant find out what the radio/mmi removal key looks like.
    Anyone got a pic or link please.

A5 2017 B9 unit in glove box

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member

Dusty Des likes this.
  4. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

5. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member

I went to the main site and put the year and model in, sent me to those!!

6. Dusty Des

Dusty Des Member

Well that was a bit of a waste of time. The keys are as DJAlex said but you cant pull the mmi out as cables are too tight. You cant use keys with glove box in place as it covers the slots (one hidden screw inside at an angle on right hand side not easy to see). You need to drop down the mmi (2 screws, 1 plastic pin) then unplug so you dont need keys for the job.

Thanks for help all.

7. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Remove glove box then use keys to release and slide the MMI unit forwards a little. Once loose you have access to the rear of the unit and some space with which to remove the cables while the MMI is still in its holder / cage. Once cables are released then you slide the MMI unit out.

Dusty Des likes this.