MMI Q5 ONLY HAS DYNAVIN SOFTWARE INSTALLED???

PK77

Reaction score
Just bought a 2010 Q5 and the MMI only has this strange DYNAVIN software installed. I can not work out how to make it revert back to use the normal Audi software so I can use the MMI panel as it is useless at the moment. Anyone have an ideas please?

Are you sure it’s just software? Is it possible that someone has retrofitted a Dynavin unit behind the scenes?

Are you sure it’s just software? Is it possible that someone has retrofitted a Dynavin unit behind the scenes?
Thanks for your reply jpd1962,
I'm not sure if a Dynavin unit has been fitted? I was just after knowing how to revert it back to its original MMI set up? I've tried a few things holding centre button/set up/ top right but isn't doing anything. All I can do is use the touch screen with this Dynavin programme.

Thanks for your reply jpd1962,
I'm not sure if a Dynavin unit has been fitted? I was just after knowing how to revert it back to its original MMI set up? I've tried a few things holding centre button/set up/ top right but isn't doing anything. All I can do is use the touch screen with this Dynavin programme.
If it has a touchscreen, that suggests the original system has been swapped out altogether. That might explain the MMI buttons being unresponsive. Can you post some pictures of the system?

The controls work for moving the cursor up and down on the "CAR" menu. But yeah it is touch screen. Do you think they have swapped it out?

Attachments

• IMG_4171 2.JPG
    IMG_4171 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4172.JPG
    IMG_4172.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4180.JPG
    IMG_4180.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4179.JPG
    IMG_4179.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4178.JPG
    IMG_4178.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4177.JPG
    IMG_4177.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4176.JPG
    IMG_4176.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4175.JPG
    IMG_4175.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4174.JPG
    IMG_4174.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4173.JPG
    IMG_4173.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
latest Q5 model first to have a mmi / touchscreen arrangement. If it’s a 2010 model with a touchscreen something has def been changed. Only the two images of the car menu look to be from a standard audi mmi set up

latest Q5 model first to have a mmi / touchscreen arrangement. If it’s a 2010 model with a touchscreen something has def been changed. Only the two images of the car menu look to be from a standard audi mmi set up
Cheers for that Frizzley. So is there no way of putting the original Audi software on this screen? Or does it have to be the original screen?

Thats that’s a question well beyond my technical knowledge I’m afraid - suggest asking one of the site sponsors on here such as DJ Alix as VAG Car Coding who does this sort of stuff professionally and has loads of great reviews

Reactions: jdp1962
The Dynavin system uses the original Audi Symphony system, but it replaces the screen and intercepts the display from the Audi Symphony unit. To rip that out you will need to buy a replace screen, rip out all the Dynavin system and reconnect the screen cables from the Symphony HU to the replacement screen.

Example of the Dynavin harness that need to be removed