MMI problem distorted sound AUDI A3 2015

abcdehg1999

Reaction score
I have same problem below has anyone had it and sorted it , how , thanks <3

Ive just noticed an issue with my MMI unit today, with the sound anywhere form the low 20's upwards the output is slightly distorted and well .... just rubbish .... only noticed it this morning while listening to DAB, which i usually have on in the mornings anyway, but today it just sounded off ... and you don't really get interference on DAB, it either works or it doesn't ....

anyway ... magic 3 button press and all is restored, decent sound, no distortion, also noticeably louder at the same volume level, so i think nothing of it and ponder on. gets back in the car to return home this evening and same again, then later in the evening back in the car ... same again

so all in I've reset the MMI 4 times today to get anything that sounds half decent out of the system, it doesnt seem to go 'bad' straight away after turning the car off and back on again, takes about 10-15 mins (long enough to park in tesco and grab some milk etc)

I've had a quick google and a look on here but can't find anything similar, gonna phone dealer tomorrow and get it booked in for a check, defiantly something not right but i can see an argument coming on, i tend to be a bit pedantic about sound quality (just not enough to splash out on a B&O system, although i wish i had)

just wondering if anyone else had noticed anything similar

car is a 2016 S3 only about 3-4 months old under 4000 miles

edit ... happens on all sources not just DAB