MMI not working

corgiepup

Reaction score
A6 C6 3.0 Quattro le mans , was wondering any help my MMI stopped working 2 days after buying car screen lights up for about 40secs then turns of I have no fiber optic light going to nothing at the back of car and there dosnt seem to be any power at the control unit at the gear stick any help would be great.

Picture below is what I get now and then but day a bought car drove home that was the screen that was on whole time home then I pushed radio button and it all went of and thsts how it's been since.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
5fc2a3d7460935ee568649e0ec5fc5c7.jpg

Thank you B5nut but theres only one anywhere near me and it would be a 300mile round trip. I had the modules in the boot checked with a fiber optic loop and nothing worked but there is power to the NAV and there is power at the Cd changer but none at the control unit in middle , if it was it can I just replace it with one with similar code , but is it protected or can I just switch them over .

All the modules except TV tuner, DAB & DVD navigation drive have component protection, so it's won't be plug and play. Also VCDS cannot remove CP.

You could buy your own cable, it's not cheap but VCDS can save £££ in garage bills. https://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCV23.html

Last edited:
Reactions: corgiepup
Hi B5nut found a person online only 15 miles away from me so hes for plugging into my car on Saturday will it show up then what module isn't working or what errors there is .

Hi an up date on how I got on last week meet guy but unfortunately he had no luck as his laptop kept saying it couldn't find the port to check . But I have a question should i have fiber optic power in the left hand side of my boot to all the modules as i have checked and i have nothing but i have checked battery power to each module in boot and they are all reading 11.99 with the ignition lights on just , should this be normal no fiber optic light at all to anything st the back .

Hi B5NUT got my MMI working myself it was the bluetooth module it was swimming in water, put a fiber loop on it rebooted the system and away it went .

Hi B5NUT got my MMI working myself it was the bluetooth module it was swimming in water, put a fiber loop on it rebooted the system and away it went .

Hi, just jumping on the thread as I have similar problem....I think?! One of the rear speakers started to crackle and pop, loudly, no matter if I muted the sound - I assumed water had perhaps gotten in to the housing after some really bad weather we had - but then, the next day, the entire MMI System went down. When I switch the screen on it gives the initial display that you posted a pic of above, then it just goes off.
Would you say I have a similar issue? Water? and if so....where do I look? I not much good with electronics I'm afraid. Any help appreciated!

Hi the only advice I'd say is start checking all your fiber optic connections have a red pulse light and if one dosnt buy yourself a fiber optic loop and try it in the one before it that worked , to see which ones starts it all up again , sorry for late reply as only noticed this there now

Hi sorry to hi Jack but have also got the same problem , soaking wet bt module, brought a optical loop which has got everything working again apart from the volume. Nav volume works but nothing else. Any ideas if this a issue related with the bt module or something else.

Many thanks Adam

My volume didn't work right at the start to until I removed the BT Module fully and did a reboot of the system