And

Reaction score
Hi

Water in foot wells!

result once all dried out is that;
  • MMI won't turn on;
  • Electric seats don't work
  1. I've tried a reset - nothing;
  2. I've run a carista check and have a 00384 error Optical base open connection;
  3. Guess something got wet and has blown.
Question;
  1. What modules are under the front foot well carpets (RHD A4 Avant 2009)?
  2. are the modules sealed or is there the possibility that some water has shorted a / all foot well modules?
  3. I'll check all fuses front and rear in a moment.
Hey ho - all assistance appreciated.

Theres a bt module below passenger seat as mine had a water leak and the mmi stopped working done alot of reading up on here and , bought myself a fiber optic loop and disconnected it and unplugged the speaker connection in it and did a reset and has worked ever since. But I just have no Bt module to use my mobile through the mmi.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Tbh the seals aren't 100% & if the bt module is water damaged, it can short others out.

Check the water path as it may have trickled from higher up & thus hit other modules.

Lift carpet, check state of play.

These carpets hold water like a sponge, took me hours to dry out some cars 100%, so may still have water locked into the foam.

Thank you both.

Will drying out. There are 2 boxes down there one in silver one in black. Any idea which is which (i guess i can get serial numbers off them)

How did you bypass the box with your fibre work around? Pics?

Thanks

It was the black one on my car was full of water , I popped out the module put the fiber optic loop on and put the connectors in to a sealed bag popped it in the box again and sealed it , and dried the floor of car and i used a vacuum for getting the water out of the carpet , but still havent found my leak yet as due to this time of the years weather , my module was soaked through not sure about fixing it yet . But I hope this helps.
0dd1947477c46db8d456dec753fd7745.jpg

It was the black one on my car was full of water , I popped out the module put the fiber optic loop on and put the connectors in to a sealed bag popped it in the box again and sealed it , and dried the floor of car and i used a vacuum for getting the water out of the carpet , but still havent found my leak yet as due to this time of the years weather , my module was soaked through not sure about fixing it yet . But I hope this helps.
0dd1947477c46db8d456dec753fd7745.jpg

Thanks for the info - did you use any specific fibre optic loop? link?

Do you know what is in the other box?

Hi I just used a loop of ebay £3 it cost me , as for the other box I didnt go that far as my mmi started working so I got everything sorted and back in it place again . Hopefully this gets you sorted as it took me 6 wks trying to figure stuff out at the weekends while of work .

This is similar to what I bought
a3b3b48655c0866c7d5869244fbdf480.jpg

Corgipup,

Just what I was looking for - thank you. Now purchased;

Next jobs:

• find some way of moving electric seats backwards _ no power - so i can get to the torx screws to allow me to tilt seat backwards to allow carpet to be moved to give access to the bt box. A right faff if i can't wind the seats back!
  • continue to dry carpet out; the soundproofing never seems to dry!
  • Find which of the dreaded front leaks is causing the problems;
    • Front sunroof clear;
    • So either all clogged up below the break servo - ecu (drivers side);
    • or coming in from somewhere else;

I was ok my seat went back and I just lifted the carpet from the side pushed it up as far as I could from taking the doorsill plastic of that keeps the flooring in place and pulled the box out from there and that gave me enough room to get it out , without removing the seat if that helps. Then I dried all then hovered the water out of the carpet .

Took pictures to show but as I said I was ok my seat went all the way back so that help me am not to sure on how to get seat back manualy.
689d85ec3d2ac52421056a04773e905f.jpg

Thanks;

Interesting to note that i have no boxes under the passenger foot well but 2 under the drivers foot well (i x black box that looks like the Bt module and 1 x silver plus bracket that's to do with the power steering.). Part fo the reason i can't get he carpet lifted enough is that the boot opening lever is also in the way.

So short of removing that - it's getting the sea out of the way;

it's a right PITA!

Not so handy then sorry I cant be any more help hopefully you can get into it then or try removing the seat out of the car or at least remove front screws and loosen the back ones and tilt it up enough to let you in at it. Hopefully you'll get in to see but tell me this have you checked the modules out in the boot if they have a red light flashing in the fiber optic connector then its something else that's the problem.