MMI not working black screen no radio Bluetooth etc

LauraStellA3

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Any help would be much appreciated with this... its driving me mad! My whole MMI system and controls are not working at all...

The screen is stuck up constantly and is just black... no radio, Bluetooth, nav or sound are working...
I have tried the 3 button reset but does nothing. Even the red little lights that come up when a mode is selected on the control panel dont light up.
Is there a fuse i could switch or test? I have googled for the last 2 hours as to which fuse it is but can't find any answers at all! Is there a general fuse just for the MMI?

Thanks in advance :)
P.S please help its driving me insane il happily buy anyone who fixes it a pint lol!!!

Yeah im thinking the same! :( was hoping i could hopefully find the fuse and it just be that...

My dealer has a drop-in service. You can turn up and drive straight into the service dept (under cover). A techie comes out of the workshop and takes a look. Takes the car into the workshop if necessary to do little jobs, while you have a coffee. Of course if it takes more that about 15 minutes you have to book it in, but it would be ideal for a situation like this.
I tried it and it's great.

Mines just out of warranty so was hoping to try and fix the problem myself but its looking like a trip to the dealer... A few people said remove the battery to give it a full hard reset? Whats your thoughts on this? Is it likely to cause more problems...

Just an update incase anyone else has this problem... had to take it to dealer... £2500 later its fixed Needed a new MMI control unit!!