1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

MMI Navigation plus 2009 S4 Avant

Gulfb May 7, 2019

1. Gulfb

Gulfb Registered User

A simple question I hope so please excuse, just bought a 2009 S4 and the sat nav disc is scratched and not reading, looking to get a replacement but can I purchase a newer version disc?
    Whilst asking any simple updates?
    Thanks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I'm guessing it's a B8 chassis if it is 2009 with the controls around the gear lever. If so then you need to buy the update from the dealership and get them to install it as there is a license required to run later disks.

4. Gulfb

Gulfb Registered User

Thank you for that, yes it is a B8. Not as simple as putting in a later disc then that's a shame! Any idea on what a dealership charges?

5. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I've never bought one, but I would reckon minimum 200 quid and it varies from dealer to dealer, so shop around. But like I said they need to install it as it uses a license key.

6. Boundy

Boundy Active Member Bronze Supporter

There are ways of updating your firmware and maps for free, takes a bit of faffing about but I got it all working with latest available firmware for my mmi and 2019 maps. The map now also runs off a SD card now, so is quicker to load.

New here, so not sure on linking out to another audi site