MMI latest firmware

Peter Metcalf

Monkey magic
Reaction score
Hi all can anyone tell me what the latest software is for the MMI. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello - mine is showing MH12-ER-AU57x-P2519
tried to update online and it did not show any update for MMI- only for Europe Maps.

Martin

You only get map updates online, software is via dealer/SD cards.

My maps are RMC which is dealer only I believe as they have to be activated, what difference would updating the software bring would give a revamped MMI with new features or is it just stability

The software version above is the MIB2 version not RMC. Updates are unknown as to what features/fixes are included in a version, as Audi don't release that detail, and as you have said the RMC is updated only via SD not online. Older versions (pre-facelift) are also dealer/SD card update only.

As the C7 is coming to the end of it's life I cannot see any major updates to the RMC or MIB2 on the C7, and the last update to the MIB2 was the new smart phone interface, which is not available on the RMC version.

You can contact the dealer to see if any update are available to your car, but Audi don't like to update the MMI systems unless there is a know issue, so even if there is an updated RMC software version, they may said it's not applicable to your car, and very few dealer will apply software without a good reason as they would be held liable if the update went wrong and they had to replace the 5F module.

Reactions: IceHanger and Peter Metcalf
02cb8f485f7d4a8f60167e6fc398b48d.jpg
this is my content it's in an A6 c7 2013

No idea about the age of the software, I would contact your dealer and ask if any updates are available. There is very little information about the RMC system on the internet, most of the information on the MMI systems is based on the older 3GP & newer MIB2 platform.

Reactions: IceHanger
A 2013 is pre facelift so you need to go to the dealer to get the maps updated

The facelift models have the ability to update over the air; or rather you can do it yourself

Not for RMC MMI systems, there is no data sim slot on the 5F module, so it is dealer only updates, that is regardless of model year.

Also 63 plate is pre-facelift. The C7 facelift was in 2015.

Sorry for my ignorance as I'm new to the Audi scene only had car two weeks so is mine an c6

No you have a C7, they made minor changes to the C7 in 2015 and people call it the facelift C7.

Mine is Sept 2015 facelift but has RMC installed in it. Paid £298 to have maps on it which the dealer installed for me (though I did notice they installed 2019 version and not 2020 and when I asked them they said I have the latest maps).

what I don’t get is, they made this car but removed some of the crucial things from it with no update options apart from retrofit which cost arm and a leg too. Now I am wondering should I buy an Audi again?

Has that given you any other features or fixed any issues over the last version you had?

Mine is Sept 2015 facelift but has RMC installed in it. Paid £298 to have maps on it which the dealer installed for me (though I did notice they installed 2019 version and not 2020 and when I asked them they said I have the latest maps).

what I don’t get is, they made this car but removed some of the crucial things from it with no update options apart from retrofit which cost arm and a leg too. Now I am wondering should I buy an Audi again?

RMC map updates are released around May each year so you will have the May 2019 version. Unfortunately as with most car brands the second hand purchaser is stuck with the options that original buyer of the car specified. The only way to get what you want is to either buy new or wait until a car becomes available that has all the options you want, in the right condition and at the right price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RMC map updates are released around May each year so you will have the May 2019 version. Unfortunately as with most car brands the second hand purchaser is stuck with the options that original buyer of the car specified. The only way to get what you want is to either buy new or wait until a car becomes available that has all the options you want, in the right condition and at the right price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for your kind message elan2s, yes I agree. I didn’t know much about Audi and this is the first time I bought one. To be honest it drives well, gives me 50+ mpg and the original buyer had all the available extras in it, the only downside is all the gizmos like Audi connect and wireless charging, keyless entry, front back cameras etc. I cannot seem to find any other car (same model and similar year) to have these features so I am not alone - this makes me feel less bad (down).

For what it is (a car), I shouldn’t be asking for too much unless I was a billionaire and would custom built my car

kind regards

Jay

To get wireless charging you needed the TechPack and that would also have been a pre-requisite for front cameras - see below, taken from the October 2014 price list when the facelift was introduced. Front Cameras also requires many other options to be bought to get it. Whilst you say the PO had all the available extras, at the end of the day the 2.0 SE was the entry level for the A6 and consequently these options would have added a disproportionate amount to the initial cost and an outlay that would not have been recouped when it was sold

Upload 2020 3 1 16 3 53

Upload 2020 3 1 16 4 33

Thanks elan2s for insight on this, I am surprised that the Original buyer where spending £30-£40k didn’t add £1100+ for additional things. The reason why I said the person added all the extras is because when I downloaded the Audi App it listed only few things as optional and all of those are actually in the car.

My thought is, even if the original buyer didn’t add these tech pack or parking packs, why doesn’t manufactures offer additional service where if others would want to add it, they could at a reasonable price.

kind regards

Jay

Thanks elan2s for insight on this, I am surprised that the Original buyer where spending £30-£40k didn’t add £1100+ for additional things. The reason why I said the person added all the extras is because when I downloaded the Audi App it listed only few things as optional and all of those are actually in the car.

My thought is, even if the original buyer didn’t add these tech pack or parking packs, why doesn’t manufactures offer additional service where if others would want to add it, they could at a reasonable price.

kind regards

Jay
This link http://audi.ge/files/a6-s6-saloon-avant.pdf to a 2016 model year brochure may help you understand what was standard and what was added by the original buyer of the car and also what else they could have bought had they the money

Reactions: Jehanzeb
This link http://audi.ge/files/a6-s6-saloon-avant.pdf to a 2016 model year brochure may help you understand what was standard and what was added by the original buyer of the car and also what else they could have bought had they the money

thank you for the brochure link, now I know what could have been added into the car, there were so many options for very much less additional cost considering if someone is paying £40k for it. If I was able to buy a new car I would have added some of the packages as they cost only £1600+ but as you said it depends what the car was bought for and also considering it’s residual value later. The car I bought was one owner from new, used for business use only and it is to be honest very clean, I don’t even think back seats were even ever used. Nevertheless, I do feel Audi should perhaps allow people to add optional packages at later date so anyone who wishes for could add them.

kind regards

Jay