MMI issues

AlS3BE

Reaction score
every now and again I get the message power supply issues.
It did it with my old iPhone 6s Plus and now doing it with my iPhone Xs max.
I have tried different cables including the official Audi one and genuine apple ones and it still comes up now and again. Is it these big phones and the MMI can’t handle the lower required?
Happens maybe once or twice a week and I either have to restart MMI or unplug for a while and plug it back in.
Anyone else getting this?
Upload 2018 9 29 23 15 18

Is there any fluff/dust in your charging port on your phone? I’ve never seen the issue with my car, but have had a few issues when connected to a computer and stopping/starting charging intermittently.

Turned out there was a tonne of fluff stuck in it that I had to remove (sim tray opener is good for getting it out). You’d be amazed how much fluff can get in there in a short time

Only got the new phone 2 days ago so can’t be that fluff in there.
Had this in my a6 as well but less frequent.

There may be an issue with the new Xs phones in that you may have to wake them up before it pairs with the lightning adaptor

There may be an issue with the new Xs phones in that you may have to wake them up before it pairs with the lightning adaptor

Driven nearly 300 miles this weekend and my iPhone Xs didn’t come up with the message above. I had the iPhone Xs attached to the usb with a lightening cable and my wife’s iPhone X charging on wireless at the same time with no issues. Facelift A3 with tech pack.

No issues charging. Just now and again I get that message. It’s tech pack with b&o. Looks to me its MMI protecting itself as the current draw is too much.

No issues charging. Just now and again I get that message. It’s tech pack with b&o. Looks to me its MMI protecting itself as the current draw is too much.

Never got that message - never seen it.

Works fine with my S9 plus

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Had this in 2 Audi’s from iPhone 6, 6s plus and now my new Xs max.
I did notice when it happened the other day my son was playing with the phone while it was plugged in so using it while charging. I drove for about 2 hours with just music playing and it ever did it.