MMI issues

Col Clarke

Reaction score
Morning all.

The suspension section has disappeared from my mmi screen. I've lost a few other features from there. Can I re-activate these using vag-com? If so what would the path be..?

This happened after we unlocked the hidden menus on the MMI.

Thank you.

Colin..

Hi Colin

You're using 2G yeah?

Go into the hidden menu, find Diag Settings, find APK 0 × 01, 0x0B, 0x0C then find the box for air suspension, scroll down and press Accept Changes, exit the hidden menu by pressing RETURN a few times then reboot by holding in SETUP+Central MMI Knob+Upper Right inner key.

Hi Colin

You're using 2G yeah?

Go into the hidden menu, find Diag Settings, find APK 0 × 01, 0x0B, 0x0C then find the box for air suspension, scroll down and press Accept Changes, exit the hidden menu by pressing RETURN a few times then reboot by holding in SETUP+Central MMI Knob+Upper Right inner key.

Chris.

Thank you. I'll give it a go when he arrives with the kit.

Whilst your here. Do you have the path for the dial sweep and alarm chirp.?

Colin .

Going into the hidden menu won't need VCDS as you've already enabled it.

Hold in CAR+SETUP (may take a couple of goes to get the timing correct) then go from there.

What else have you lost?

Needle sweep won't work iirc but chrip on lock is usually in Module 46 (Central Conv) then do the simple sum beside Alarm Chirp on Confirmation or something similar to that.

Going into the hidden menu won't need VCDS as you've already enabled it.

Hold in CAR+SETUP (may take a couple of goes to get the timing correct) then go from there.

What else have you lost?

Needle sweep won't work iirc but chrip on lock is usually in Module 46 (Central Conv) then do the simple sum beside Alarm Chirp on Confirmation or something similar to that.

I've also lost the user interface for the fingerprint start, but that never worked anyway. Kept stating transmission error....
i can't remember what else, probably won't until I come to need them....twonk hey..:)

Once I have reactivated the hidden menu can I do most things from there without the need for the vag-com. It's not my kit. The guy is coming soon....?

Once I have reactivated the hidden menu can I do most things from there without the need for the vag-com. It's not my kit. The guy is coming soon....?

Ah you turned it off, ok. You can only do stuff in the hidden menu without VCDS, everything else will need the kit.

Fingerprint is in the same menu as the Air Suspension so hidden menu, find Diag Settings, find APK 0 × 01, 0x0B, 0x0C then find the box for Fingerprint, scroll down and press Accept Changes, exit the hidden menu by pressing RETURN a few times then reboot by holding in SETUP+Central MMI Knob+Upper Right inner key.

WARNING do not press anything you're not sure of in the hidden menu as it can mess things up bigstyle.

No worries there mate. I'll give them go when he lands. As I say the fingerprint bit never worked anyway. Apparently it did once, but stopped after the guy installed the MMI update! the one before the most current .....

Ah you turned it off, ok. You can only do stuff in the hidden menu without VCDS, everything else will need the kit.

Fingerprint is in the same menu as the Air Suspension so hidden menu, find Diag Settings, find APK 0 × 01, 0x0B, 0x0C then find the box for Fingerprint, scroll down and press Accept Changes, exit the hidden menu by pressing RETURN a few times then reboot by holding in SETUP+Central MMI Knob+Upper Right inner key.

WARNING do not press anything you're not sure of in the hidden menu as it can mess things up bigstyle.

Chris. Can you think of any other features I could activate whilst my mate is here. Thanks mate...

Passenger mirror dip on reverse if the mirror module supports it, passenger door module.

Battery meter in the hidden menu if you don't already have it.

MMI 2G is quite limited for VCDS mods.

Passenger mirror dip on reverse if the mirror module supports it, passenger door module.

Battery meter in the hidden menu if you don't already have it.

MMI 2G is quite limited for VCDS mods.

the mirror dips already, no battery meter though mate.....

3. Battery Meter
After MMI restart and Hidden Menu enable - press Radio then hold in Setup + Car for a few seconds (it might take a few times to get timing correct)
[Select] DIAG SETTINGS
[Select] Car Menus Maske
[Select] Battery Level
Scroll to Accept Changes
Press RETURN 3 times
Restart MMI using Setup + MMI Control Knob + Upper Left Inner Key - release

Do you have visual parking lines when you select reverse?

Ie like this on my A6?

657292e9.jpg

3. Battery Meter
After MMI restart and Hidden Menu enable - press Radio then hold in Setup + Car for a few seconds (it might take a few times to get timing correct)
[Select] DIAG SETTINGS
[Select] Car Menus Maske
[Select] Battery Level
Scroll to Accept Changes
Press RETURN 3 times
Restart MMI using Setup + MMI Control Knob + Upper Left Inner Key - release

Do you have visual parking lines when you select reverse?

Ie like this on my A6?

657292e9.jpg

never seen that either Chris.

Your parking may or may not support it, go into the Parking Aid module (if the sensors are factory fit) and see if there is any available coding changes for visual lines.

Your parking may or may not support it, go into the Parking Aid module (if the sensors are factory fit) and see if there is any available coding changes for visual lines.

Didnt have that module Chris, but the main feature- my air suspension is back. Thank you for your help mate..

Col...