MMI help

Lee58

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Loving the new S4 and was wondering if you can help. I have connected my phone to the car and i can use the lock and unlock features ok and the rest of the info seems to show on my phone. I'm not the worlds best techy as you can tell but i keep getting this message on the car and on the phone. I've done everything as per the manual, just wondering what i'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance, Lee

Attachments

• 20171007_163133.jpg
    20171007_163133.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 20171007_163917.png
    20171007_163917.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 199
Hi guys,

Loving the new S4 and was wondering if you can help. I have connected my phone to the car and i can use the lock and unlock features ok and the rest of the info seems to show on my phone. I'm not the worlds best techy as you can tell but i keep getting this message on the car and on the phone. I've done everything as per the manual, just wondering what i'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance, Lee
Have you connected your phone to the car using the Audi Wi-Fi ? i.e. your phone will find the Audi Wi-Fi, you enter the password off the MMI screen. It worked for me fella.

Hiya,

I logged on to myAudi and entered the 8 digit pin from the phone into the MMI and also logged on to the MMI WiFi. Not sure what else to do other than go back to the dealer and see if they can help?

Hiya,

I logged on to myAudi and entered the 8 digit pin from the phone into the MMI and also logged on to the MMI WiFi. Not sure what else to do other than go back to the dealer and see if they can help?
It failed to work first time for myself but then it was ok after that. Bit of silly question but did you set the MMI Wi-Fi to visible. Apart from that mate I'm as much use a s a fart in a lift. :sorry:

As far as I know (on European cars anyway) you can’t use the built-in SIM for a data connection to your phone over WiFi, it’s only for supply of data to the MMI for maps, traffic data etc. If you want to tether your phone to the car and use the car’s LTE connection to supply data to the phone you need to put in your own SIM with a data plan. Could that be the issue? Would help to have a few more details on what you’re trying to do when it happens.

Reactions: Jcbmally