MMI freezing

Ormesome

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Q2 with MMI High and VC system. Went on a small road trip this weekend, MMI froze 4 times on the way to our destination & 3 times back again. All times it froze was using the MMI Maps with google maps overlay. Got so annoyed with it that used CarPlay and all was fine. MMI wasn’t hot, didn’t seem like it was overheating. Just froze for no reason. Any ideas? It’s also taking super super long to show routes at the mo, when programming a route it takes ages to show the 3 types of routes, and when choosing one of them it then takes ages to show it on the map. Would love some tips. Had to reset the MMI on the move so not ideal.

Hey guys,

Q2 with MMI High and VC system. Went on a small road trip this weekend, MMI froze 4 times on the way to our destination & 3 times back again. All times it froze was using the MMI Maps with google maps overlay. Got so annoyed with it that used CarPlay and all was fine. MMI wasn’t hot, didn’t seem like it was overheating. Just froze for no reason. Any ideas? It’s also taking super super long to show routes at the mo, when programming a route it takes ages to show the 3 types of routes, and when choosing one of them it then takes ages to show it on the map. Would love some tips. Had to reset the MMI on the move so not ideal.

I’ve had something similar with the navigation, when setting a destination it would lock up on certain entries and to the day it’s still occurring (5 years). Thus far nothing resolved and no faults etc. Sorry this does not help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ormesome
@DJAlix is this what you were after? Cant see an actual firmware version info anywhere.

807F95D0 9CC2 4FC2 9713 D0A801BCDBEC
F86C0060 73A1 45EA AB47 069D45908D86

Firmware / software version is a bit dated, believe we had this conversation a little while ago when I was working in Europe. I would suggest updating.

Reactions: Ormesome
Firmware / software version is a bit dated, believe we had this conversation a little while ago when I was working in Europe. I would suggest updating.

Cool ok thanks Alex, Ill contact Audi today. Firmware is what would make it freeze right? Software is the Nav version? It’s 2019/20 maps so 1 outdated I’d think. Would this make it freeze and go slow?

Just an update on this. @DJAlix you were right. Audi did a firmware update and the issues are now fixed. No longer freezing and the routes are calculated quickly. Thanks for the help. Appreciate it. :icon thumright:

Reactions: DJAlix