1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

MMI frame scratch

CK87 Jan 13, 2020

1. CK87

CK87 Registered User

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what kind of material the “chrome” looking frame is? is it plastic with some coat on it or?

I found out that within a certain range of degree, there are some little scratches visible on the frame, i can’t feel them with my nails though.
    Wondering if it’s easy to remove them. So i think i should know what material it exactly is

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. larbel

larbel Registered User

They’re chromed plastic, you can tho use some auto polish to lightly polish it out, or cape cod cloth, but just make sure to be very gentle as the playing isn’t that thick.

4. Ice Kay

Ice Kay Active Member VCDS Map User

Get it vinyl wrapped.

5. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Registered User

Would playing work. Works on panels to a degree ity very light scratches but not sure about plastic trim.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It's a matted, I wouldn't polish that too much tbh it'll stand out more than the scratches.

Wrapping yes, also painting after rubbing flat.

7. S32B

S32B Registered User

wd40 on a mf cloth.

8. CK87

CK87 Registered User

Thanks all for the advices!

9. zac7654321

zac7654321 Registered User

if you can't feel the scratches under your fingernails you should be able to buff them out.
    but, if you can't feel the scratches and you can hardly see them, the chances of you making it worse than it is are great.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk