1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMI connect help/tips

Goubo1 Sep 21, 2018

1. Goubo1

Goubo1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone got any advice or a link to anywhere that can give me adobe or tips on how to get the most out of my Audi connect ?
    Also how do you get the street view on when close to final destination?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. XPOWER

XPOWER Active Member Team Catalunya Audi RS3

Goubo1 likes this.
  4. Goubo1

Goubo1 Well-Known Member

Does the cars SIM card have to have telephone connection on it ?? As my sim I have in mine just now is purely data....also I can’t seem to get my MMI app to connect from my phone to the car

5. XPOWER

XPOWER Active Member Team Catalunya Audi RS3

The car SIM its just used for data.
    The MMI app on the phone on pre-face-lift car is used via the car's WiFi connection and is selected from the media source options.

Goubo1 likes this.
  6. illingworth22

illingworth22 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Panther Audi RS3 saloon Audi A3 quattro Saloon S tronic DSG

I just got off the phone from Audi Ireland, I have had the Car for 2 weeks now and Google Earth stopped working last Friday. They say it was because the Google overlay was too distracting! But since this removal Audi have received loads of complaints and are considering adding it back. It is so annoying as it was one reason I chose this car over the new M2 Comp.

I also was chatting to a Guy at a Cars & Coffee several months back who had a 2016 TTS. He said he had got a workaround so that the Car would broadcast a wifi signal which in turn came direct from his phone and not the internal sim (either additional internal sim or the Audi supplied one)

7. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

I’ve still got google earth on mine? Are we only losing it if we do the update?

8. illingworth22

illingworth22 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Panther Audi RS3 saloon Audi A3 quattro Saloon S tronic DSG

Update.... Google Earth is back, well it is on mine here in little old Dublin. I am now connected to the Audi Connect, I am still annoyed with Audi Ireland who insisted that Google had been removed for safety reasons....

9. Marshy

Marshy Settled in Team Sepang Audi RS3

My Google earth works fine.
    Just had Audi renew my connect subscription as cars 3 years old but Google earth is still working