MMI Connect app?

Ah ok, they gave me that answer a while ago but it felt like I was being fobbed off. They day before somebody told me it was because my car didn't have an embedded SIM which it does. I'm hopeful that this may become active with a future software release.

Unless you have the emergency call button next to the overhead light switches then you would need additional hardware fitted too I'm afraid.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Has anyone else actually purchased and used the £99 wifi hotspot add on ???.......I enquired about this function with my dealer and he said it is NOT possible.

Has anyone else actually purchased and used the £99 wifi hotspot add on ???.......I enquired about this function with my dealer and he said it is NOT possible.

Anybody ??????

desperately wanting to know if anyone has upgraded the embedded sim to enable WiFi hotspot !!!!

So, when Connect expires, the place to buy an extended plan is from Data Inside, is that correct?

So that will enable Connect on a 17 Model Year car? - Yes

And its covers most European countries? Not sure

I see its 12 Gig, whats the average monthly usage for Google Maps on an A4 does anyone know? Don't know as still using embedded sim!

Reactions: AidenL
So that will enable Connect on a 17 Model Year car?

And its covers most European countries?

I see its 12 Gig, whats the average monthly usage for Google Maps on an A4 does anyone know?

I'd say if your using google earth for regular places it's already in background without using the wifi. But for usage I'd say about 3-400 mb a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AidenL
Connect to home wifi as this will be first connection and use that for the morning updates on news/traffic etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we could but sadly that feature was removed from the MMI on MY17 cars it seems..

Interesting thread, I found it by accident as Im trying to get the email option to work on my New A5, 2017 model. I have paid the £99 data option to allow wifi use of my phone or anybody else, not sure its that cost effective as it is only 10GB of data for 1 year, have already used 400mb in one day with my own phones normal data usage and some internet radio just to see how it works.

Using google have managed to get texts to read and send but just cant get the email to work, although have seen that Android seems to work but iPhones don't, I have an Iphone. Not overly bothered about getting emails in car but would be nice to have all functions working, as I say this is the only one that is left that doesn't work.

I found setting up the audi user management very hit and miss but can lock and unlock my car using the app and all the additional features, the only App one that I don't seem to get is the calendar function but suspect that is that Im not putting any destinations in, anybody who uses this function and can tell me what you need to do to benefit from the service then let me know, as it shows as been connected on my MMI App.

Oh and European access is £165.00 for 10Gb for 1 year.

john

So it seems the keyfob code that comes with a new A4 is absolutely useless then? Because you can do everything you want without it and the remote unlock etc isn't available until MY18? Does that mean you can't even register as a key user? And even if you do, you're not going to get any benefit from doing so?

I guess we just need somebody to crack the sos button retrofit, Audi will always say it can't be done as they done want to have to do it. I bet one of the brave guys on here will have it sused soon.

Reactions: rasA4 and cuke2u
I guess we just need somebody to crack the sos button retrofit, Audi will always say it can't be done as they done want to have to do it. I bet one of the brave guys on here will have it sused soon.

I think I'd have to ask though whether it's worth spending probably a few hundred quid (at least) for what you get? How often do you realistically have the need to remote lock and unlock your car? If it was like the Jag models where you can start the car remotely in the morning and get it warmed up then I can see it being somewhat useful in the cold weather, but if all it's going to do is lock and unlock then it seems pretty pointless.