MMI Connect app?

It would appear auxiliary heater is a standard option as I didn't spec it. Off thread but is the luggage mat standard too?
3j

Hi all,

Called Audi UK and spoke to a guy called Mark, told him Audi connect user management function not available , he checked few things on his computer and told me that this function will not be available on MY 17 cars.He said the easiest way to figure that out if the car has service and SOS buttons overhead by the reading lamps. He also confirmed it will only be available for MY18 since it's an EU requirement to have the SOS features from 2018 onwards...

Unfortunately Audi sells all these features as one package called service/safety/connect user management and at this moment of time is only available on Q7. He said these features were not mentioned in our A4 Brochure when we ordered the car.

Asked him can our cars be retrofitted when they roll this out on new productions cars, he said NO since it requires big modification which will not be cost effective.

So I told him Audi should not mislead customers by saying these features are available on new A4's and Q7 on myaudi , he apologised for the confusion and said they will update the website soon.

He also said like exca from Belgium that if the dealers complain to Audi Germany about this within a certain time frame Audi Germany will certainly look into this however he doesn't know what the outcome will be.

He also confirmed that certain MY16 A4's had these buttons and functions available on MMI just for test basis however they were never activated .

Anyone has a different answer from dealer or Audi kindly share...

Good luck

Reactions: maui, cppp and mjcourtney
Makes sense - and ties in with the observations and comments by others on the forum. Thanks for the update

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have the new fl A3. I picked it up last week, i also have tech pack advance and a 36 months subscription. The google maps and fuel prices ect work fine. But i cant get my android auto app to work with my phone to get online messages ect. Would i need to purchase a seperate sim card if i wanted this to work or am i missing something? My understanding is that you need to plug it in with a cable which i have ordered but would like to know if this will solve my problem before i look at buying a sim card

Yes you need to have the phone connected by usb, but what cable have you ordered as, for samsung and sony, maybe other phones as well, all come with the cable you need.

Its a samsung s7. I tried plugging in my charger cable which the car recognised and brings up the android auto app on the mmi but thats as far as it goes. I click the app and nothing happens

Just read online that the usb1 may be for apple car play and usb2 for android auto. Dunno if that relates to Audi or not as but will give that a go and see if it makes a difference

I've got a my17 with the tech pack. I set up my Audi using the PIN number on the app not the 10 digit code on the spare key fob.

Is this why I can't do remote lock etc?

I set up the key user account subsequently on my Audi but can't log back in using the 10 digit code as it now remembers by old login details using the pin code.

Is this why I can't access remote services?

Any advice much appreciated!

Hi,

Struggling with this MMI login. How do i become key user. Ive done the verification on my audi on web but in MMI i dont see any option to enter pin that came with spare key.

I can connect MMI app on iphone to MMI in car via wifi using embeded sim. All connect options are working including google maps but i cant login using my myaudi login. But i cant get destinations via myaudi as that requires me to login on the car.

Thanks
Sal

p.s License expires next year instead of 3 months.

Last edited:
Just seen @Raj reply - yes that makes sense, and whilst misleading I don't believe we will see it on any MY17. I looked on the Audi DE website and the option code is IW3.

That's available to add as a €250 option in Germany - but no mention if it in the UK except the Q7 which it's standard on. Shame as I was looking forward to such a feature!

Just seen @Raj reply - yes that makes sense, and whilst misleading I don't believe we will see it on any MY17. I looked on the Audi DE website and the option code is IW3.

That's available to add as a €250 option in Germany - but no mention if it in the UK except the Q7 which it's standard on. Shame as I was looking forward to such a feature!

Yes, it would have been good. But I've still not seen it mentioned in any UK brochures or on the configurator so I wasn't expecting to get it. Does anyone have any examples of where it has been advertised / mentioned by Audi in the UK for the A4?

Did we get anywhere with the Audi Connect App in the end, I have successfully registered my vehicle online using the myAudi pin number and it seems that all the online services are working, plus my licenses expire in 2019 which is good. However the Audi Connect App on my phone isn't connecting and shows 'No connection to vehicle possible'. I have found the key pin number on the spare key but in following the instructions here I can't seem to find where to put it in. Anyone got any suggestion or is the connect app a write off for the moment.
Cheers...

What I did:
- installed myAudi Mobile app from App Store.
- Opened / logged in
- press Audi Connect Services.
- press 'wireless' like icon in bottom left corner
- take note of the my-Audi PIN.

In MMI foto Audi Connect - and use the PIN entry. Press right to logout / in again if you have tried before.

I got logged in fine this way, and could send directions, news / twitter etc to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps I need to go through the setting again but I am sure I did all of that. I haven't tested sending any info to the car from the phone but all the myAudi website online features say they've been activated..
In google there seems to be two apps, one called Audi MMI Connect and another myAudi mobile...

Last edited:
It says mine expires 2017 im sure. Which isnt right as u get 36 months?

It says mine expires 2017 im sure. Which isnt right as u get 36 months?

How old is your car? Mine updated to 3 years after a few days. If yours has not, then contact Audi UK who will be able to correct it for you.

@cuke2u - a good test is the myAudi dest. - search an address there - then swipe the black card up to your car.

Once in the car, got navigation , press left to get Nav options then select myAudi Destinations and it should show there once loaded

I have one I put into myAudi website, but it is the phone app I am trying to get to work and you seem to have a iPhone version which maybe different from the Google one..

I got the Android version of Audi Connect to Work, but it took a few attempts. I also had to tell the phone to stay connected to the car WiFi even though there was no internet - it worked after that.

How did you get the phone to connect via the WiFi I have it connected via Bluetooth ok..

Connected to the car hotspot and entered the password shown in the MMI. I think its under connection manager and then press the right hand menu button to bring up WiFi settings.

Thanks for your answer, that doesn't mean the phone's data will be used instead of the built-in Sims card though?

How old is your car? Mine updated to 3 years after a few days. If yours has not, then contact Audi UK who will be able to correct it for you.

Its 5 weeks old now. Ill give it a check again and see what it says. I havny checked for a while

I got the Android version of Audi Connect to Work, but it took a few attempts. I also had to tell the phone to stay connected to the car WiFi even though there was no internet - it worked after that.

What exactly does the android auto app do? Mine doesnt do anything. There is no options or anything. I thought u were able to get spotify and some messaging apps on there

No not right, you might have to ring Audi CS to get it extended as I think earlier cars needed this..
Ill have a check later just to make sure and give them a ring. Thanks

I've just seen that your an A3 owner, is that right as I'm not sure if it's different for A3's...

It def days i should have 36 months. I havnt been out to check yet

Right I have the phone connected by wifi now and the connect app said it had a connection to the vehicle, but no myaudi special destinations are in the navigation. I have just forced another synchronisation and I'll see if thats worked...

Myaudi destinations are now appearing on the mmi sat nav, whoopie...

Reactions: mjcourtney
Good! It should not need your phone connected via wifi to do it though. Mine just does it over the cars data connection. Also how I got POI loaded yesterday.

Well I tried putting in more destinations and the car has lost the lot and when I go into download destinations it can''t log into the server with my pin...

Anyone got remote unlocking working for MY2017 onwards cards yet?/assigning primary user in the car?