MMI Connect app?

It's my understanding that, if you have the Technology Pack, you have already paid for a three year subscription, so no additional cost. If you don't have the Tech Pack, then I have no idea...
Thank you for clarifying that, sounds good if you specify the tech pack which is what I will be looking at...

Reactions: davejinx
Data inside is the brand under Cubic Telecom which Audi use

I can log into the data inside site with my car/esim details and see how much additional services are. 1 year of unlimited data is £99 for the UK.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Mines and MY17 with an eSIM and a data SIM in the slot, still not able to unlock or find the user management despite full registration/activation through MyAudi.

I've spoken to Audi in Stirling but they'd no idea what I was talking about, still waiting for a response from the master tech.

Do let us know of the update mate

Just picked up my MY17 tech pack but couldn't find the "user management" on the menu option urggg!

@DarGri Any replies from audi yet mate?

I haven't gone through the process yet, but there is an "Audi connect user management" section on my.audi.com if you click on the menu at the top left of the webpage: it lets you set up a "key user contract" to access some of the services. Maybe that's where you need to go rather than on the MMI in the car?

Just picked up my MY17 tech pack but couldn't find the "user management" on the menu option urggg!

@DarGri Any replies from audi yet mate?

Nothing yet mate, maybe I'll find out more when I'm at Glasgow Audi later on today

Reactions: cppp
I haven't gone through the process yet, but there is an "Audi connect user management" section on my.audi.com if you click on the menu at the top left of the webpage: it lets you set up a "key user contract" to access some of the services. Maybe that's where you need to go rather than on the MMI in the car?

Tried that, did all the setup on the website, but the user management on the MMI still isnt appearing! urgh

I was worried about putting my VIN number in the MMI app before taking delivery because I had thought that by doing that, I would be starting my 3 years prematurely. I mentioned this to my dealer yesterday and they said that Audi Connect had to be initiated "within the vehicle". They also thought that the embedded SIM for MY17 cars was under the front passenger seat so that it would not be compromised in an accident. If they are right about initialising it inside the cabin, I'm going to ask them to do that during the handover.

It must be embedded within the mmi unit within the glovebox, I can't see how else it would work...

Seeing as I was at Glasgow Audi this morning I asked about this while was there, the service rep was just off a training course covering this and seems to think it's only available if specced during the ordering process.. I'm starting to think it's tied to the convenience key option and that "Key user" reflects this.

I've agreed to email him my agreement document with at he can look into it further.

The training course covering this excuse seems to come up consistently when you mention MMI connect to an Audi garage - been fobbed off by Coventry and Tyneside with that excuse

I don't understand how some cars would have software which includes the 'user management' while the rest of us (and it seems the majority on here!) have software that doesn't have it!!!

I spoke to AUDI UK customer services the other day about another issue on my current car, and I asked the question about the MMI car systems connectivity. At present the functionality has only been enabled in the UK on the Q7, and is due to be rolled out on all A4's at somepoint via a software update. this however doesn't explain how some (I have only seen 1 member) say they have the functionality already. Perhaps some form of tech demonstrator? At present only the infotainment options are available using the PIN displayed on the myAudi website and app.

They also clarified that an additional sim on a MY17 car is only required if you require to create a hotspot to which other devices can tether. The embedded sim is intended only for the audi connect data. if however, you do install your own sim, audi connect will use data from that instead.

Reactions: A4B9
Wish they'd hurry up and release this update, summer is nearly over and I want to be able to heat up the car in the morning before I leave for work

....They also clarified that an additional sim on a MY17 car is only required if you require to create a hotspot to which other devices can tether. The embedded sim is intended only for the audi connect data. if however, you do install your own sim, audi connect will use data from that instead.

That doesn't seem very fair. If that is right, you will have paid for your Audi Connect subscription but will be using your own data for that, as well as for your own wifi hotspot, which will have been the only reason you installed your own separate SIM. I imagine most of us will only get SIM cards to allow the kids to use iPads in the back.

Wish they'd hurry up and release this update, summer is nearly over and I want to be able to heat up the car in the morning before I leave for work

I didn't think UK cars had the pre-heating options as it wasn't deemed cold enough? I'd love to be wrong here but that was discussed on the first page of this thread :-(

Just like MMI connect as a whole, no one really knows for sure. My S Line said it had the auxiliary heater so I'm assuming it does have that feature

Reactions: PhxViper
Often or not auxiliary heaters, and what task they perform, are mixed up, so what do you think yours should do? Do you live in a climate cold enough to warrant a heater that comes on before you start the car up, or a PTC heater that warms up the coolant, or the cabin, when the engine is started up. The manual will show a description of a parking heater because it is written for the whole of Europe, however the UK tends not to have them..

As i said I have full functioanlity, I have the tech pack with a sim from 3, it all works, unlock lock status etc s/w version is 0333

@jwa1 How do you get this deal? My car eats the current 1GB data when using google maps!

Screenshot 3

You have to log in to datainside.com , create an account and become the sim owner for the embedded sim in the car. You can purchase data plans in there. I presume this so the same link provided in cppp's post

Ah ok. I don't have the imbedded sim as I missed having a MY17 car by less than a week!
I take it I can't get that offer then?
My car uses more than 1GB (which costs £10 from EE!) a month with occasionally using the google maps.

What annoys me most is that in the brochure for the tech pack it makes NO mention that you have to buy a SIM card to get some of the mentioned functions to work!! The cost of the Tech pack means then having to buy a SIM card and pay for the top up is ridiculous!

Reactions: firebits
What annoys me most is that in the brochure for the tech pack it makes NO mention that you have to buy a SIM card to get some of the mentioned functions to work!! The cost of the Tech pack means then having to buy a SIM card and pay for the top up is ridiculous!

Doesn't the latest model year come with an embedded SIM - doing away with the need to provide your own?

@mjcourtney You still have to pay for the data though if you see what MY17 owners have listed above!

It doesn't help the rest if us though. 1GB Data lasts for around 2 weeks with occassional use of Google Earth maps on short journeys!

The latest brochure, page 39, says "an embedded Sim Card with no data charge....... a three-year subscription can be purchased as part of the optional Technology Pack".

That says to me that it should be data-inclusive for all Connect data for three years if you purchase the tech-pack?

The latest brochure, page 39, says "an embedded Sim Card with no data charge....... a three-year subscription can be purchased as part of the optional Technology Pack".

That says to me that it should be data-inclusive for all Connect data for three years if you purchase the tech-pack?

that's my understanding as well!

that's my understanding as well!

This is the case, you only need a data plan if you want to use the cars esim to create a WiFi hotshot (MY17). Tech-Pack includes the 3 years subscription for normal usage (ie MMI), 3 months for non Tech-Pack.

Reactions: cppp and mjcourtney
I have the tech pack with the 3 year subscription BUT some features (including the Google Earth Maps) still require data to work! When the data runs out, the maps revert back to normal sat nav mode. They definitely didn't tell you that in the brochure!

I have the tech pack with the 3 year subscription BUT some features (including the Google Earth Maps) still require data to work! When the data runs out, the maps revert back to normal sat nav mode. They definitely didn't tell you that in the brochure!
If that is the case then that's a bit naughty, as you say - it implies all connect data is included.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah tell me about it! Your right it definitely doesn't tell you that in the brochure! It's ridiculous especially when you have paid so much for the tech pack and virtual cockpit!

My query to my dealer:

"I am due to have the Tech Pack and, as a MY17 vehicle, have an embedded SIM. My understanding is that all of the functionality of the Tech Pack that uses data (Google maps, realtime traffic etc.) is handled by the embedded SIM with no additional charge to me, and no requirement for me to take out a data package over the 3 year Tech Pack period, with whatever telecoms company Audi use (who I believe is Cubic Telecom, who use EE for 4G in the UK).

My understanding for MY17 owners, is that you would only need to add your own separate SIM card if you wanted to turn the vehicle into a Wifi Hotspot (for example children using iPads in the back). However, I also understand that if you DO install your own separate SIM, the data used by Google maps etc. will be taken out of THAT SIM rather than the embedded one, which would eat into your own data allowance with your own provider, and appears counter-intuitive.

Can you please have a look into this for me and see what you can find out?"

My dealer's reply:

"It’s my understanding that the embedded sim in conjunction with the tech pack gives you 3 years Audi connect which includes Google maps etc… That would mean that there is no need to buy a separate sim. If you did use an additional SIM I believe you can select in the Smart manager in the MMI which sim you would like to be activated but I will get that confirmed for you."

Later:

"I have it confirmed that if you put your own sim card in the car that will indeed override the imbedded sim."

So, I for one will not be shelling out for a separate SIM. I will just make sure that the family data plan is enough for the kids.

Reactions: DarGri and mjcourtney