MMI Connect app

Myaudi app doesn't seem to have the ability to mark on google maps where you've parked the car, no media section and no ability to send a destination to the car..

Reactions: Theonenonly
Myaudi app doesn't seem to have the ability to mark on google maps where you've parked the car, no media section and no ability to send a destination to the car..

It does, on the middle button on the bottom, it has the car locator and the top has a find destination search bar, put in a destination and then you get the option to send to the car or share, its doesn't look as good as google maps but its very very quick at navigating to different destinations and back to the car etc

Just noticed it keeps updating and now it includes the exact spec of my car, lists all equipment and options extras separate. it really is the better app, even though it doesnt look as swanky

It does, on the middle button on the bottom, it has the car locator and the top has a find destination search bar, put in a destination and then you get the option to send to the car or share, its doesn't look as good as google maps but its very very quick at navigating to different destinations and back to the car etc
You're right, I stand corrected, didn't try searching for destinations...

Just noticed it keeps updating and now it includes the exact spec of my car, lists all equipment and options extras separate. it really is the better app, even though it doesnt look as swanky
Where is this on the app please?

Mine is a s8 as well, aha just found a update in google play and it's all there now. Cheers and thanks for your help...

Mine shows fuel range etc in km on the my audi app...any way to change it

Do you have the auxiliary heater in your car?

I think its a $1500 option in USA and I dont think its available in the UK as an option at all, at least its not listed on the configurator

No I don’t have that. I don’t think it’s available on the configurator either. Guess I will just have to live without it :)

Mine shows fuel range etc in km on the my audi app...any way to change it
There must be a way as mine in is miles and gallons, is there a regional difference from where you download if or a setup when first installed?

Just found in the app how to turn your mobile into a key using nfc.

Means you don’t need to take a key with you to open or start the car! Result!!

Third option on bottom, services, Audi connect key, run the compatibility check and it saves an encrypted key and your good to go haha

Reactions: Gralegav and DohNut

Third option on bottom, services, Audi connect key, run the compatibility check and it saves an encrypted key and your good to go haha

I take it you need the comfort pack to make this work as I dont have that and can’t see the option?

I take it you need the comfort pack to make this work as I dont have that and can’t see the option?

I have the tech pack, so that may be a requirement? The documentation doesn’t say though, I just found it by accident when trying to turn KMs into MIles I’m the app.

Oddly enough I install the app on my iPad and it gives me miles, I’ve removed it from my phone a few times to make sure UK is selected on start but it still gives me KMs, very annoying!!!

Only works if you've the sos system....

I have the tech pack, so that may be a requirement? The documentation doesn’t say though, I just found it by accident when trying to turn KMs into MIles I’m the app.

Oddly enough I install the app on my iPad and it gives me miles, I’ve removed it from my phone a few times to make sure UK is selected on start but it still gives me KMs, very annoying!!!
What app are you using MyAudi or MMI connect, I have both and can find it?

This is what I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0138(1).PNG
    IMG_0138(1).PNG
    521.8 KB · Views: 233
It doesnt even work haha, tried fiddling with it today and the car door handle doesn’t pick the phone up at all

It doesnt even work haha, tried fiddling with it today and the car door handle doesn’t pick the phone up at all

Presumably having your phone locked/unlocked doesn’t make any difference?

I wonder if you need to unlock the car using the app, and then you can start it just having the phone with you? I hadn't set my phone up as a key, but can unlock car with it, but can't start engine without a key. Just tried to setup phone as key but getting server error (maybe because I'm in France ATM).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Also, this is what my app looks like. I think everything is enabled, I get all the status messages in the app, and everything seems to work on the MMI in the car - I can use Google maps on my phone or laptop and send destinations to the car no problems. But the app still says things aren't connected, but in the MMI in the car I can't find anywhere to input the PIN displayed in the app...
b18e1e2321ce40ae4540f2b69dfce99e.jpg

I wonder if you need to unlock the car using the app, and then you can start it just having the phone with you? I hadn't set my phone up as a key, but can unlock car with it, but can't start engine without a key. Just tried to setup phone as key but getting server error (maybe because I'm in France ATM).

The Audi connect key shows a guy holding his phone up to the handle and it unlocking the car, I think I need to have more play around with it.

Not really beneficial to those who already have the convenience key then...

Reactions: Psychoscot
Which I don't, so if it works I'll be happy!

Reactions: cuke2u
Nah it just doesn’t work, also tried with the Mrs iPhone and the option for the key isn’t even available on her app but her units are in miles ARGH!!

Nah it just doesn’t work, also tried with the Mrs iPhone and the option for the key isn’t even available on her app but her units are in miles ARGH!!
Have you tried using the app to unlock and then see if you can start the engine without a key on you? I can see this being useful (until you get somewhere without a key and your phone dies meaning you can neither lock the car with the app or start it...)

Yup last thing I tried and again, nothing :(

Apparently in the guides it uses hfc even if your phone battery dies! But I wouldn’t know lol as it doesn’t work full stop atm