MMI Connect app

A4B9

Reaction score
Have any of you fellow B9-ers been able to get the MMI Connect app to let you control the auxiliary heater and check if the car is locked?

Have any of you fellow B9-ers been able to get the MMI Connect app to let you control the auxiliary heater and check if the car is locked?

I saw this app online (or in the Apple App Store, can't remember), and would be very interested to know if it's compatible with the B9!

It's definitely compatible but I can't work out how to get it to work. I apparently need to make my MyAudi account the primary user by sticking the vehicle code you have on the spare key into somewhere on the MMI but I can't figure out where

@Jimouk Do you have any idea?

Screen Shot 2016 03 15 at 223744

Those security sensitive audi connect features being the locking and aux heater. I've followed all the instructions you can find on this pdf (page 15) until the point where you have to verify yourself as the "Primary User" in the MMI to enable it all

Did anyone figure out how and where you put the code in from the spare key

It's apparently not been activated. Not entirely sure how accurate that is as I've asked for more details from my local dealer and he's not got back to me

Spoke to someone at Audi UK and he said remote locking is set for Q3 but there's no date for the heater. Advised me to keep checking with them every once in a while

It strikes me as odd that a car is advertised as having these remote features that aren't available from day 1.

In the car manual I notice it does mention that features are still in development at the time of printing. Presumably this will require a software update to the mmi which will need to be done by dealer.

HI....I would be surprised if your cars have the Aux heater. it's normally a cold country only option which uses a separate heater that consumes fuel to warm up the car on cold mornings, giving you a separate remote for it, I think using the connect app will just replace the remote control for countries that have this fitted

With the B8 you can enable the options for Aux heating and Aux Ventilation with VCDS to give you the ability to use Aux ventilation. but actually getting the heating working is a very costly retrofit. I presume it's the same with the B9.

The U.K. isn't a cold country? Mine definitely has it, I'm sure it's standard on the B9

When i say cold....i mean proper cold! Siberia etc these are the countries where it's an option. It's never been an option on uk a4 cars.
Also don't confuse the auxiliary heater with the supplementary heater that is standard on diesel cars. This is just a small electric heater that helps the cabin warm up quicker when driving faster than the engine can

View attachment 84197

Those security sensitive audi connect features being the locking and aux heater. I've followed all the instructions you can find on this pdf (page 15) until the point where you have to verify yourself as the "Primary User" in the MMI to enable it all

I have exactly the same problem. I don't see anywhere on the car's MMI where you can identify a primary user. I've also downloaded the MMI connect app but it says 'no connection to vehicle possible' in the settings

Is everyone else having the same issue? Loving the new car but annoying to not be able to have full functionality here

When you add your car to the app using the chassis number you are given a pin number.
You then use that on the MMI and they are connected. Did mine in a couple of minutes.

What do you mean by using the PIN number on the MMI? I can't seem to find where to input a PIN number on the MMI, I've currently logged on with my username and password from the myaudi website and it recognises my credentials, allows me to find a navigation location I've previously saved within the app etc but I cannot use features from the phone app like car finder and the app is saying it can't connect to the car

What are you able to use the phone app to do?

The app at this moment in time is useless. An update is coming where you can key in the code on your spare key on the MMI that will make you the "Primary user" which will allow you to check things such as if the car is locked or unlocked and switching on the aux heater remotely

I see! That makes perfect sense then. I think then I have successfully linked everything up. Thanks for the explanation.

Hope you're enjoying the new car. I'm really impressed 2 days in

Hi all,

I bought a demo car and didn't get the plastic key ring with the code on. Any ideas if I can find this elsewhere, dealer didn't understand what I was asking about!

Cheers

Hi all,

I bought a demo car and didn't get the plastic key ring with the code on. Any ideas if I can find this elsewhere, dealer didn't understand what I was asking about!

Cheers

Code I got was a 7 digit/number. Sales guy said last 7 digits of your VIN (I verified), Not sure if this is what you are looking for

Hi - has anyone had any luck with this app yet? I've got Car Finder, Traffic Info, myAudi dest, Travel and Calendar showing in blue.

The brochure on my.audi.com says that the following features will be available, has anyone managed to access them?

The following Audi connect services1) are currently available (these may vary according to vehicle model and equipment):
  1. – Remote locking/unlocking
    – Remote auxiliary heating
    – Vehicle status report
    – Car Finder
    – Trip data
    – Remote charging
    – Remote air conditioning

As far as i know, none of those work on UK A4s yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: DKUK
Hi - has anyone had any luck with this app yet? I've got Car Finder, Traffic Info, myAudi dest, Travel and Calendar showing in blue.

The brochure on my.audi.com says that the following features will be available, has anyone managed to access them?

The following Audi connect services1) are currently available (these may vary according to vehicle model and equipment):
  1. – Remote locking/unlocking
    – Remote auxiliary heating
    – Vehicle status report
    – Car Finder
    – Trip data
    – Remote charging

I've got the MMI CONNECT app to work with my A5. It allows me to

– Remote locking/unlocking
– Vehicle status report inc trip data
- Servicing and checks (inc oil levels and Adblue distance to go)
- Warning messages
- theft alarm notification
- car finder
- traffic information
- myAudi destinations
- Calendar (my events reminders come up on the MMI screen)

It took a bit to get it set up (key for me was to access MyAudi on a PC and not on a tablet/smartphone which didn't show the menu properly in my experience)

No access to
- remote aux heater

I've got the MMI CONNECT app to work with my A5. It allows me to

– Remote locking/unlocking
– Vehicle status report inc trip data
- Servicing and checks (inc oil levels and Adblue distance to go)
- Warning messages
- theft alarm notification
- car finder
- traffic information
- myAudi destinations
- Calendar (my events reminders come up on the MMI screen)

It took a bit to get it set up (key for me was to access MyAudi on a PC and not on a tablet/smartphone which didn't show the menu properly in my experience)

No access to
- remote aux heater
Good to hear it's working for someone. I don't get the option to enter the pin shown on the keyfob - I understand that it should be entered under Audi Connect - Audi Connect User Management but I don't have any such user management option in Audi Connect. As mjcourtney mentioned above I don't think it's available for the A4 yet...sadly.

Cheers

Good to hear it's working for someone. I don't get the option to enter the pin shown on the keyfob - I understand that it should be entered under Audi Connect - Audi Connect User Management but I don't have any such user management option in Audi Connect. As mjcourtney mentioned above I don't think it's available for the A4 yet...sadly.

Cheers

I didn't use the PIN. I registered on MyAudi and confirmed my acceptance re data sharing then it linked my car using its VIN and sorted!

I didn't use the PIN. I registered on MyAudi and confirmed my acceptance re data sharing then it linked my car using its VIN and sorted!

Hmmm, I've managed to get that far but still can't do most of the functions per my original post. I'd assumed the answer was the PIN. I'll try again at the weekend.

Cheers

Did anybody get this working? I've got a B9 A4 and can't the app to do anything useful! I too scratched the code off the keyring but have no way or no where to enter it in the car

Basically it will only work if your car has the SOS function (next to interior lights in roof) except for a small number fitted by mistake it will only feature on MY18 onwards cars that will be arriving soon from factory... A5s have had it from the get go i think

Reactions: bexman
Ah damn! I don't have that button. Thanks for the reply. So the functionality of the app is pretty useless I guess. Is there likely to be a software update to enable that do you think?

Not in a month of sundays as it will require additional hardware, as has already been stated. It maybe that aftermarket companies such as hazydayzs or Kufatac might offer something in the future...

Reactions: John Sutton
I know this is an old thread but did anyone manage to get an answer on remote heating . I have registered as the Primary user by doing the keyring scratch thing and have all of the other services with exception of remote air con and heating.

Reactions: Theonenonly
since this is now on the front page, there's a new app to download, the MMI connect is the old one and I couldn't get it set up with my car.

I downloaded "myAudi" and it seems to work with MMI connect (MMI connect sprang to life after MyAudi was set up) and now displays all my info etc, so if anyone is struggling may be worth a download

I know this is an old thread but did anyone manage to get an answer on remote heating . I have registered as the Primary user by doing the keyring scratch thing and have all of the other services with exception of remote air con and heating.

Do you have the auxiliary heater in your car?

I think its a $1500 option in USA and I dont think its available in the UK as an option at all, at least its not listed on the configurator

since this is now on the front page, there's a new app to download, the MMI connect is the old one and I couldn't get it set up with my car.

I downloaded "myAudi" and it seems to work with MMI connect (MMI connect sprang to life after MyAudi was set up) and now displays all my info etc, so if anyone is struggling may be worth a download

And you can get remote heating/ventilation working? Didn’t know the A4 came with this.

And you can get remote heating/ventilation working? Didn’t know the A4 came with this.

No I just meant people using the MMI connect may struggle as theres a new app, so that post was just for info haha I dont have the heater

http://www.auditech.org/acont-1427.html

You get a posh key with it to do all the timers etc

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 334

Fellow commuter has this on his jaaag. He switches it on a couple of stations before ours so his car is nice and toasty when he gets to it. Would be nice to do the same but I guess I will have to do with my pauper spec heated seats.

Ohh the shame.

Reactions: Theonenonly