MMI Checking Licence - Every time

Voodoo78

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a returning Audi family member with a new Q5 which I've had for a few months now.

There are lots of aspects of the Q5 that I love but I do have some gripes about the car. Most of them are about lack of storage space on a supposedly spacious Q5.

But some are related to the MMI and my two biggest complaints are:

Checking licence
As I'm sure a lot of people do, the first thing I do when I get in the car for my daily commute is start the navigation so that I can see if there are any traffic jams I should be aware of. The problem is that it takes the car about 2-3 minutes to check licence before it can display traffic data / search Google etc. This is really annoying as I either sit in the car for a few minutes to see which is the best route to work or I start driving and have to turn back to turn alternative routes if my usual route has heavy traffic. Am I the only one who is really frustrated why Audi feels they have to check the licence every time I turn the vehicle on even though it already has the licence expiry dates stored?

Navigation - TTD rather than ETA
The navigation, helpfully, is always displaying my ETA. Great, but I like working with TTD (time to destination) as that gives me an idea of the kind of traffic that I would expect. Has anyone found a way to change the display so that information is displayed? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing.

Less annoying but still.. Junction numbers.
I recently hired a BMW 5 series with their latest navigation software and in all honesty, I was really jealous. They way they displayed information about upcoming junctions etc was top notch and felt a new generation compared to the Audi one which feels slightly outdated. Has anyone found that the Audi navigation is missing one of the key ingredients, junction numbers? I find that when I'm coming up to a particularly busy junction, I have to rely on the map rather than the information to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing.

Anyways. Just wanted to see if anyone else shares the same frustrations as I do and whether anyone has any suggestions.