MMI centre console trim, take off

Jinnek444

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been trying to remove the centre trim surrounding the MMI controls, and run into a problem.
I followed the Youtube video, , and up until trying to lift the trim up and off, no problem.
Then I ran into the same dead end which THIS post came to. https://www.audiownersclub.com/foru...-mmi-controls-centre-console-trim-in-2016-a4/ Not answered.
The cup-holders are absolutely solidly fixed, the trim, if lifted by my levers, bends up at the points indicated in the second post photo with the holders not budging.
I removed the port cover on the floor of the cup-holders, and tried levering with a lever with a rt-angled end against what is beneath. Tried getting my fingers into the holders, just to try to push and pull them to see if they move a bit. They are solid.
Any thoughts, and am I looking past something obvious.

I removed the centre console to fit hill hold assist and it’s exactly like the video. Maybe you need to be a bit more exuberant with your prying to get it all released. I expect the guy in the video has done it a few times and it’s a bit looser. There are no more hidden screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New clips, fixings will be harder to lift, they, at times need more force as mentioned above.

Hi all,
well, I got it, the centre console, off with a bit of brute force. The clips on the front legs were a "bit" tight.
One of the legs cracked, badly, as I wrestled it out. Glue gun to the rescue. Four clips came off, and two of them went AWOL. must have fallen down, however, job dun.
This is in connection with utilising the 3 unused switches on the panel above, I bought a panel off Ebay, opened it, and got the sw/levers working, glued in 3 surface mount switches.
I have 2 electric gates and at present the transmitters sit down at the start button bit. I have to pick them up to trigger, or look down to press the button required. I thought it would be nice just to press a switch on the panel. Hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks all.

Or just fit the audi homelink kit.

Hi NHN,
yes, I had a look at Homelink a good few months ago, and got the impression that it might be easyish in the US, not so much here, where it's not supported from the car's build, ie no roof buttons. I'll connect the transmitters to the buttons tomorrow, so fingers crossed.
Just had another search now. Kufatec's kit is circa £500, Hazidays £1000, I'm at £30, with 2 buttons at my finger, and a third for another idea I've got together. 2 rear-view cameras, 1 standard and the 2nd on the N/S/R corner. Don't laugh, can I judge where that corner is, can I heck. And I've been driving since Christ left Partick. Or maybe that's the problem...
Cheers.