Facelift MMI Cables

nebula099

Reaction score
Do you get any cables for connecting your phone up to the MMI (via the USB sockets) with the FL SB? I'm sure when I got my 14 plate, they gave me some cables which worked with the then Audio Music Interface.

I have a OnePlus 3T so charger/USB socket is USB-C.

I asked this a while back and apparently the AMI (Audi Music Interface) connects via a standard USB connection now so you just use the standard USB cable for your phone or other device.

Do you get any cables for connecting your phone up to the MMI (via the USB sockets) with the FL SB? I'm sure when I got my 14 plate, they gave me some cables which worked with the then Audio Music Interface.

I have a OnePlus 3T so charger/USB socket is USB-C.

I got the MMI cables but I don't think they're any use. I just use my iPhone lead to connect to the car.

I have genuine AMI cables that I sell.

Have USB to lightening(apple), USB to micro USB (Samsung), also have the AMI to 30pin Apple and AMI go USB.

PM if interested

I just whacked my standard cable into the car and it worked fine. Like others have said, I think Audi have updated this so you don't need the special cables :D

I got one with my Saloon.
It's a genuine Audi one with a USB on one end and the newer iPhone connection on the other.
But, as I have an iPod Classic which uses the older wider connector, I use it charging cable in the centre armrest.

Thanks guys. Picking up my FL today so I'll see if I get an cables with the car or not.

Got a FL 2017 model, no audi specific cables are required. There are 2 standard usb connections and I connected my One plus 5 with a standard USB-C cable and works fine. Android auto works as well.

As above, standard USB cables are needed. Audi don't supply any with the car, but that's no surprise !

As above, standard USB cables are needed. Audi don't supply any with the car, but that's no surprise !
Mine came with a cable which fits the latest iPhone, its hinged at the top so fits well in the centre armrest. Not 100% if the dealer provided it or Audi though. My TT before that also had a cable with it.

Reactions: Chris43 and Audi Bairn
Audi changed the connections... you no longer need the MMI specific cable to connect your phone, now it is a standard USB connection so that anyone can use his own cables