MMI and Wifi

Jehanzeb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am pretty gutted that my Audi A6 (65 plate) didn’t come with SIM Card option and have an RMC 6” MMI system. Considering I don’t have this feature built in, I am wondering is there any way of achieving this without getting Audi to install a new MMI system (£3k+ I heard but I could be wrong). Has anyone able to use Audi WiFi system (I think it’s called Audi connect) without sim, my thinking is along the mobile tethering method or am I just thinking of it with no future luck apart from getting a new system? Can this feature be enabled using VCDS or Similar method? Or is it something hardware and would require a lot of laborious work?

P.S. I also downloaded Audi app on my iPad and it shows options like contacting Car over WiFi, just like my Jag does.

many thanks

kind regards

Jay

Hi, im having the same issue I think, all started when the MMIconnect was discontinued, I used to be able to connect to the MMI and use the internet radio but since the myAudi app took over I have not been able to connect to the MMI, got an iPhone XS Max, I go into settings, wifi select the Audi WiFi, key in password then say its connected the second later comes up no internet connection although its connected, doesn't make sense