1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMI and wifi audio

sunshinewelly Sep 6, 2018

1. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

Really struggling to get this to work at the moment.

on my S4 on the audi connect setting on the in car MMI there is a media option called wifi player (i think its called that).

I assume its meant to connect to your phone.

however it seems to be very hit and miss (usually a miss)

I have on very rare occasions been able to connect with the media in my phone and select audiobooks for example stored on my phone.

However usually in the connection manager where it has the Wi-Fi player option it simply says "connect new device" but i cant .

Everything else is connected to my phone ie

MMI CONNECT APP - MY PHONE
    BT AUDIO PLAYER - MY PHONE
    DATA CONNECTION - CONNECT SIM
    DIRECTORY - MY PHONE

I hate android auto and it would be good to get this wi-fi player working.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. pjeffe9172

pjeffe9172 Member Team V6 Team Navarra Audi RS4

I had to go into the MMI Connect app then go into media centre and follow the instructions from there. When I got in the car next Wi-fi player started working.

4. sunshinewelly

sunshinewelly Active Member

i have media centre on my MMI connect app but not on myaudi app.

however i cant do anything through the media center option on MMI. I click on the media centre icon and i get a screen showing the media logo and a more info logo but thats it. cant do anything else or select anything else

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Seems one is using Audi Connect, where many of the options are still working, and the other MyAudi, where they are not...

6. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

MMI Connect needs MyAudi app to be running in the background for WiFi music to work.