MMI and Reading Text Messages

A4 SJC

Reaction score
So......I usually have my personal phone (iPhone 6S) connected to the MMI in my A4, but today I had my work phone connected (Nokia Lumia Windows Phone)

I screened a call from an unknown number, and then received a text to advise me of the voicemail that was left. The text was read aloud by the MMI - I didnt even know this was possible!

The question I have now is how do I get it to do this with my iPhone automatically and without the intervention of Siri?

The car has the "tech pack - high" installed

Is your personal phone used in remote SIM mode or is the car used as just a bluetooth mic/speakers?

Being honest I'm not sure how I'd tell.

There's an option when connecting to my wife's car under Bluetooth to enable notifications but not with the Audi

If you are in remote SIM mode, whenever you receive a text whilst in the car, you only see it on the MMI. When you take the phone away from the car, you don't see the text on the 'phone.

I have my phone connected by bluetooth and SMS aren't read. What would I have to do to use "remote SIM" mode?

Think you have to go into your phone settings on the car mmi and connect it there. Only done it once...