1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Help Please MMI AMI Bluetooth music streaming controls

***DK*** Jun 25, 2019

1. ***DK***

***DK*** Registered User

Has anyone found a good cheapish Bluetooth Ami connection for the glovebox MMI 3g connection that allows you to use the standard controls on the steering wheel etc? Using android.

I bought a cheap one on Amazon but it doesn't support controls or showing what's playing.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Boundy

Boundy Active Member Bronze Supporter

I wondered the same thing since getting my B8, very poor show to leave out such a basic feature from the standard radio and absolutely pathetic to leave it out of models with nav. I'm currently making do with a £12 amazon Chinese special dongle but would love to at least be able to skip a track with out shelling out a fair chunk of change

4. Tobe

Tobe Registered User

Also been looking at this, I don't think there is. Think it's partly to do with the differing ways that mmi interfaces with things plugged into ami on different models, years and versions of mmi, making compatability a problem. But mainly converting data for song info (to mmi), track change selections (from mmi) from the format understood by mmi (iPod controls) to/from that of any old Bluetooth device, which is why it is partly possible to get that functionality with some of the better adapters when using an iPod or iPhone connected by Bluetooth but not android. Even with apple devices reviews are flaky.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. cbeadle2508

cbeadle2508 Registered User

Have you guys looked in to Tune2Air? Don’t know what it would be like on android but works well with iPhone. They’re available through amazon but they’re not cheap though!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ***DK***

***DK*** Registered User

I was looking at them yesterday actually. They claim to let you use the controls and says for both iPod and Android. Would be good to know if someone has tested android

7. Boundy

Chinese knock off version is still a lot of money
    £60.56 13%OFF | Bluetooth Car Kit for VW MDI Music Receiver Airdual Module for Mercedes Benz MMI Media Interface AUX Cable Adapter for Audi AMI
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/peBndkGEn

8. Boundy

9. cbeadle2508

cbeadle2508 Registered User

Well I can vouch for them with iPhone. I have 3 Bluetooth devices connected when I’m in my car and it doesn’t affect it at all. Phone calls still come through as normal on the cars hands free Bluetooth when I’m listening to the AMI audio adapter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jay_78

Jay_78 Registered User

I have one fitted to mine and connect using android. It cant show tracks on display or skip tracks but volume controls work. Sound quality is great.