MMI 3G Update?

barkliejm

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2013 S4 with sim card fitted for google maps etc. My dad just got a brand new SQ5 and he has done the same but his looks like its a newer google maps etc...........Can i update this? or should it update from the internet automatically via the cars sim card?

Can anyone give advice here please.

Jase

I think you may have 3G+ unit, I only have 3G HIgh...its a minefield!! Lol

Around £200 to update the maps at your local friendly Audi Dealer if it is the 3G MMI High System - you have to get your car plugged into the dealers computer that then talks to the main Audi computer in Germany to make sure all is kosher and then they update the firmware and maps......
Is a bit irritating as you can get 5 map updates for your TomTom for about £30.....

Costs nothing, download the maps and activator from t'internet

Not recommended on the MY2013 as there are loads of problems with them. I wish it were possible as my B7 A4 was very easy to do :-(

Not recommended on the MY2013 as there are loads of problems with them. I wish it were possible as my B7 A4 was very easy to do :-(

3G+ system?
Plenty of people have done it, look on gpsunderground or cartechnology forums

3G+ system?
Plenty of people have done it, look on gpsunderground or cartechnology forums

Yes. Unless they have cracked something in the past few weeks, there are numerous reports of units stopping working, causing other things to not work, etc. Not to mention the fact that you need to have a decent power source to carry out the update as it takes a very long time (more than 2 hours I believe).

Reactions: skiptowncat