MMI 3g Phone zero ring volume

S4int

Reaction score
Hi
I’ve got a 2011 S4 with MMI 3g and have my iPhone 6 connected via Bluetooth.
Everything works as it should except I get no ringing through the speakers with incoming calls.
The display shows an incoming call and the media playing goes silent but there is no ring.
I’ve checked and adjusted the ring volume control until it’s deafening but still nothing when the phone rings.
Tried it with the phone on/off mute, while stopped, while driving, resetting the mmi and returning sound volume to default settings with no joy.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
S4int

Mine does the same when the phone is in silent (ie little switch on the left side of the phone), mine is also an iPhone 6. When it’s off the silent mode, it rings.

Hi

Thanks for the replies.
I've tried everything suggested and more and it's still just a really faint crackle ring coming from the front right speaker.
I thought there may be something wrong with the speakers so connected up another non iPhone and it rings perfectly.
So the good news is the car is fine, so it's either a setting on my iPhone or it just doesn't work full stop.
Not a major problem but would've been nice if it worked correctly. Maybe it could be fixed with a firmware update as I believe my car is still on the original one, I may try this as I would like some updated nav maps.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to try and help.

S4int