mmi 3g cant access green hidden menu

ian reid

Reaction score
Hi all im new on here im looking for some advice on the green menu ive tryed the you tube trick and doesnt work. Does the car need a sofware update or something?
thanks in advance .

Why do you need into it? Bad things can happen if you press the wrong thing.

The function needs to be enabled with VCDS before the key-procedure will work and is not enabled by default.

You don't strictly need VCDS you can do it with Carista. I enabled mine with my Bluetooth dongle. Also you can't really brick the car from the Green menu like you can with VCDS coding changes, it's a lot more user friendly. Don't be scared and take your time and make note of what every thing is set to at the beginning. I made a load of awesome changes in my green menu. I am 3G high version.

You can brick the 5F controller if you don't know what you're doing.

i only want in to do is to turn on electric mirror closure and what is the vcds to be enabled?

so how do i go about activating it without the green screen

Do you have folding mirrors? If the passenger and drivers door controller is coded correctly you automatically get a new 'Mirror Fold' selection in the CENTRAL LOCKING menu within CAR.

yeah the car is fittted with them but not on then standard menu and also the under door lighting isnt on either?