MMI 3G Basic Sat Nav Update (4G0919884N)

NethanB

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to this update themselves or do i need to go to Audi and pull my pants down?

I've got all the necessary files and some "instructions" if you will, but don't want to **** my navi up

Any response/advice would be greatly appreciated

I'd happily try the update myelf from a USB drive or SD card ifI had the files. Car's under warranty so if it goes pair shaped I'll get my dealer to reset it.

Where can you got the software and how do you know the latest version?

Upload 2015 6 8 16 50 40

Personally I would avoid updating you MMI system if it's still under warranty, also just updating the maps alone may not work as later maps do require the latest firmware, and vice versa. Audi can see if you have been updating the car yourself as it leaves error codes that cannot be cleared with VCDS, and it would differ to what is recorded on Audi database. Also MMI 3GP map updates require a hack to activate the map's, that hack disabled the VIN number in the MMI software.

If you car is out of warranty then I would do a lot of research before updating the MMI system, as updates can fail and brick your system, and replacement 5F units are around £2,000 new from Audi, and around £500-£1,000 on ebay depending on the spec.

You can clear the svm error codes after updating the maps, all the info and software required is on the cartechnology website