MMI 3 basic CarPlay and rear cam

BadDog

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster here and first time Audi owner too.

Just picked up a 2010 A4 Avant which I am already very happy with however the MMI needs an upgrade hence this post…

I see there are some issues with the cheaper Chinese apple CarPlay modules and I thought I’d ask if anyone has any recommendations for a unit that works with the MMI 3 basic/Audi radio/BNav?

I also want to install a rear parking camera so a vendor that has both would be great.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance!

You have a couple options. I have the RSNav in my car which is pretty decent although the take a while to ship from China.

Alternatively I fitted this one to my wife's car which comes from German. In my opinion I think its a better interface than the RSNav. Both are the same price.

You have a couple options. I have the RSNav in my car which is pretty decent although the take a while to ship from China.

Alternatively I fitted this one to my wife's car which comes from German. In my opinion I think its a better interface than the RSNav. Both are the same price.

Nice one cheers!

Reactions: EXSpartan36

Did you install the rear view camera too? And if so, did you need to use vcds to change the settings via OBD or does it just plug and play into the CarPlay box?

My cars have factory cameras. But the Carplay box has plug and play connectors for front and rear cameras and as its tapped into the CAN wiring its works the same as the factory camera would. You just have to change the camera option in the settings on the box. You won't need VCDS.

My cars have factory cameras. But the Carplay box has plug and play connectors for front and rear cameras and as its tapped into the CAN wiring its works the same as the factory camera would. You just have to change the camera option in the settings on the box. You won't need VCDS.
Nice one mate cheers again.