MMI 2G High AMI Bluetooth Adapter

Kayobong

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi again all, I'm looking for a bluetooth adapter for my AMI rather than connecting my phone with an ugly lead coming out from the glovebox. From what I can find, all of the AMI bluetooth adapters need external power as the 2G AMI doesn't have power. Because of this I will need to connect the bluetooth module to a 12v power output, and there doesn't seem to be any way of powering from within the glovebox and will result in an ugly lead going from the 12V in the centre console to the glovebox (which doesn't solve my problem)!

My question is, does anyone know of any bluetooth adapters which will work with my system or will I have to just make do with what I've got or have to go down the modifying route?

Thanks.

I can possibly supply a tune2air adapter, post up a pic of your ami, then we can go from there.

I can possibly supply a tune2air adapter, post up a pic of your ami, then we can go from there.

I had a look on the audistream2air website, it looks like the one supplied for my MMI would need power. Here's a photo of my AMI anyhow.

Attachments

• unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 122
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Whatsapp me if in uk, I'm sure my tune2air stock will work fine.

Reactions: Kayobong