Mk3 TTS front wheels spinning way to much!!

barry smith

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m new to the Audi sport forum, I was hoping someone may be able to help with my problem, right so here we go, last week I purchased my Mk3 TTS and fell in love with it straight away. After I got the car home I thought I would try the lunch control as my previous MK2 TTS did not have it, when trying the lunch control I found that the front wills span up loads to the point that it was not really going any where but size ways. This then got me thinking that something might be wrong with my Quattro. I have now tried 2 or 3 more attempts and still the fronts spin up loads and the rear wheel do not feel like it’s engaging at all. The car feels just like a Astra VXR with massive torque steer. Which I thought should not be having with a 4 wheel drive car. Does anyone have any suggestions. The car came with kumho ecsta le sport, that do like fairly worn but surly even then it should not spin up this much. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

I had the same problem. 2016 TTS with 25K miles. Excessive front wheel spin with lots of torque steer. With the VAG OBDI connector and VCDS
software, it threw code 16671 Haldex pump failure. Pretty easy fix. Replaced pump and pump oil (total cost to myself since no more warranty=$430.00)
Not cheap but 1/2 what Audi would have charged. Seems to be working fine now. No torque steer and launches arrow straight. Lots of info on YouTube.

I had the same problem. 2016 TTS with 25K miles. Excessive front wheel spin with lots of torque steer. With the VAG OBDI connector and VCDS
software, it threw code 16671 Haldex pump failure. Pretty easy fix. Replaced pump and pump oil (total cost to myself since no more warranty=$430.00)
Not cheap but 1/2 what Audi would have charged. Seems to be working fine now. No torque steer and launches arrow straight. Lots of info on YouTube.

Hi mate thank you for letting me know the car should still have warranty as I only brought it 1 week ago. I’ve really come to love this car but this issue is taking some of the love away from me. I will get a fault diagnosis machine on it then will take it back to them if it flags anything, thank you so much for the advice