Mk2 Window Wind Noise

aadams1x

Reaction score
Hi,

Loving my TT...But...there is windnoise above 60mph from drivers side, for ages I could not decide if it was coming from seals, wing mirror etc, then (Why i didn't do this before i don't know!) i pressed the drivers window and noise stopped! Release and noise comes back, how would i get the window so it sits tighter on the window seals....anyone had the same or got any ideas?

mines noisy and its only 2 months old grrrr - i will have to take it to stealers to see what they suggest

Sorry to hear that, guess mine at least has a 4 year excuse :) does your stop when you press the window as well?

Cheers, Andrew

Hi,

Loving my TT...But...there is windnoise above 60mph from drivers side, for ages I could not decide if it was coming from seals, wing mirror etc, then (Why i didn't do this before i don't know!) i pressed the drivers window and noise stopped! Release and noise comes back, how would i get the window so it sits tighter on the window seals....anyone had the same or got any ideas?

Went through the same thing with mine. (2 years of me complaining, long story) They added some foam inside the top side of the drivers side door and they had to change the rear quarter window b/c the glass and seal is all one piece.

there's a recall for it, just call audi directly, and tell them your going to the dealer. I've noticed the dealers work better when head-office gives them a call and lets them know you're coming.

hope this helps