Q5 Mk2 Q5 - Four-wheel drive: fault

Reaction score
When driving my Mk2 Q5 today the following driver message was displayed in the instrument cluster:-

“Four-wheel drive: fault. You can continue driving. Please contact workshop”

This message appeared after each start of the car, but it drove without any problems.

As the car is still under warranty, I’ve contacted my Audi dealer to inform them of this fault, and asked that they investigate when they reopen after the current lockdown.

Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this fault on their Mk2 Q5 and, if so, what was the cause?

Not had any issues with mine. Got a call from Audi Farnborough that they have re-opened and mine is going in on 21st for a recall, something to do with a software update of the door control units. Hopefully you will be able to get yours booked in soon.

Thanks, Andy....good to know Audi Farnborough have reopened....hopefully, Audi Southampton will do the same soon.

Just to update my thread, Southampton Audi investigated the fault, which resulted in the following diagnosis:-

4WD error message on dash, requires selector lever repair :

• Result of test plan successful => replace the selector fork (repair kit) according to the repair manual and not the rear final drive

The repairs were carried out today, which have resolved the problem

Just to update my thread, Southampton Audi investigated the fault, which resulted in the following diagnosis:-

4WD error message on dash, requires selector lever repair :

• Result of test plan successful => replace the selector fork (repair kit) according to the repair manual and not the rear final drive

The repairs were carried out today, which have resolved the problem

Good to hear