Mk2 Golf Project

S90GAV

Reaction score
me and my mate have gone halfs on this.

DSCN2320.jpg

it will be used for track use and road use.

its already on Koni coilovers and has a scorpion DTM exhaust. sadly engine wise its a 1.3 haha. but we have got a ABF for it (ABF is VW's 2.0 16v)

engine will be running

GSXR1000 throttle bodies
4 Branch
Cams
and possibly bored out to a 2.1 (depends how worn bores are when we strip it down)

after a few days on it weve took out what we dont need ;)

DSCN2325.jpg

DSCN2328.jpg

DSCN2330.jpg

will try and update as often as i can, will probs be just pics as im crap at write ups

Oh man that car is LUSH, i want it!!!

Mine used to look just like that!!! :(

no real updates really
spare wheels have been put on too keep the mims clean. and been cleaning the back end out......
DSCN2337.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

DSCN2333.jpg

DSCN2336.jpg

these arrived last week,GSXR1000 Throttle Bodies. never bothered with them till tonight.
DSCN2343.jpg

DSCN2344.jpg

so set away to sperarate them and remove the 2nd butterfly as it not needed when running these on a car.
this is what im left with
DSCN2354.jpg

so need to make the manifold then i get set about correctly spacing them out.
:)

cheers bud, done abit more cleaning today, will upload pics tomorrow. got to goto my lass now haha

This is all a bit new to me, whats the advantage of fitting bike carbs?

still keeping the fuel injection, gonna be using a fuel rail from a 20v T.

instead of having one throttle bodie for 4 ports, using bike throttle bodies lets you have one TB for every port. also using bike ones is a cheaper way instead of spending mega money for a propper kit. :)

wooo picked up the rear axel today that has been at the powdercoaters aka my girlfriends dad ;)

will get pics up later

DSCN2367.jpg

DSCN2366.jpg

got some orginal gti rear lights in now

DSCN2364.jpg

also moved the wash bottle too the boot

DSCN2369.jpg

Yea do it Jo!!!

Cmon man, then we can go cruising in the GT aaiiiiiii ;)

not got any updates really :( were kinda stuck atm cause stuff we need costs money and ive got a expensive month, mam n dad have just told me they've got me n my girl friend tickets too F1 at Silverstone, soo need money for petrol, then the weekend after im going to london too see ACDC :D staying down there at a mates house and then on the way back too newcastle im calling off to GTI inters on the sunday :)

a box of goodies turned up the other day

IMG_0189.jpg

Handbrake Cables, Rear disc and Pads and wheel bearings.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

also started to make the manifold for the Throttle Bodies, started with the lower half of a KR manifold chopped off what i didnt want and got it machined too the same level at work.

IMG_0198.jpg

once i've finished doing bits too the manifold these will be getting welded onto it. manged to get some Ali tube from work too keep the weight down ;)

IMG_0197.jpg

and just for JoJo........... what are these? :p

Looks like you are going all out with this project with a whole new rear end, can't find myself spending the same type of money on my Golf to be honest, but the Wheels I can stretch to. :moa:

manged too source some mk4 rear calipers today for £50 :) normally go for £70+ so i'll be going back to that scrappy next week to get them.

Luckily me and my mate are doing this so everything we buy, is pay half each so its not soo bad :)

manged too source some mk4 rear calipers today for £50 :) normally go for £70+ so i'll be going back to that scrappy next week to get them.

Luckily me and my mate are doing this so everything we buy, is pay half each so its not soo bad :)

I got a pair of S3/TT rear calipers for £50 off fleabay on buy it now, I know the Mk4 rears are a replacement for the Mk2's with the change of brake lines, are the Mk4 items fetching more money for this reason?

as far as i know thats the reason, well the calipers im getting are off a Passat but use the same calipers as the mk4

cheers Rav

little update

went and got the mk4 rear calipers today and manged to get hold of some Audi VDO guages and the oil pressure sender :D will post pics tomorrow

its been a long time since a update.

things had to get put on hold for a while due to me been worried about keeping my job due the recession and with me been in the Engineering business it hit that area of work quite hard, but luckily ive still got my job and work has been picking up more bits for the golf have been ordered.

in the next few weeks the following should all be fitted

GTI rear Axle
MK4 Rear Calipers
G60 Front Calipers
Polly Bush Kit all round
Braided hose kit front and rear
and a few other bit n bobs.

i will post pics as progress is made
:)

Nice one Gav, I'd like some more info on Mk4 rear calipers fitment, know you need Mk4 rear brake hoses for the conversion, my standard 1989 rears are starting to stick on one side! I have G60's in the garage also, but the standard 16V brakes are pretty new from what I can see.

Alright jojo, for the mk4 calipers to go on a mk2, like you said previously you need to get the mk4 to mk2 conversion brakeline kit or you can make your own but for the price of the kit might as well get the braided hoses, as for mounting the caliper just use your oem caliper carrier. My mate sent me a mms today as he's put the front poly bushes in a spare set of bottom arms we had. Were also trying to get another set of wheels haha, will still be keeping the mims though :p

Gav, this thread is looking good, keep up the good work mate.

Gav, what are you doing with the Sebrings once youve got the MIMs back on? Would you be tempted to sell them? Ive got a Rallye tucked up in one of my garages that Im trying to get near on perfect before selling it and could use a spare set of Sebrings to get refurbed

alright, im not sure whats happening with them, i'll ask my mate and see :)

if we can find a mint set of G60 steelies then i know the sebrings will be going :)

keep up the good work, car looks sweet as!...new sets of steelies are only £140 on ebay, my mate bought a set and there spot on:icon_thumright:

Ryan

Im starting the work on my mk2 while im off at christmas!
This thread has decided that.
Any more progress??

My mate put carbs on his mk 1 golf running a 2.0 litre passat engine and he still swears it made the car slower than the ECU. think it was a bog brothers kit it he put on! will be interesting to see what results you get!

Is the build still going on mate? Ive just got a mk2, picking it up saterday. would like to see how its getting on?

sadly ive sold my half of this project too my mate, due to my mountain biking racing and riding i dont have time to do the mk2 and play with the S3 as well as the mk2 so one thing had to go.

:(