Mk1 TT vac pump wireing

Audi90aby

Reaction score
can some please help me with a diagram or at least give me the pin outs for a mk1 tt brake servo vac pump.

What engine / year is it. I think the vacuum pump is V192 module and fitted to auto and DSG cars ?.
Upload 2019 1 4 1 0 57

Seems to have GND on pin 1 , switched GND from the ECU to activate the internal relay and a power feed on pin 5 to run the pump.

It’s a 1.8t 2002 thank you that has help no end I just need to find weather the switched earth works on the ignition or weather it has a pressure switch that tells the ecu to turn it on not. Mine won’t do anything new pump power there and it has a earth. Really sending me around the twist now

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but have you got a solution for this? I am getting a diagnostic error code 17837 "brake vacuum pump activation open circuit. It seems that I need to replace the fuse (or relay) for the pump, but I have not been able to find it. Mine is 2005 TT Coupe 180HP FF automatic.

Let me know if you have any info.

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but have you got a solution for this? I am getting a diagnostic error code 17837 "brake vacuum pump activation open circuit. It seems that I need to replace the fuse (or relay) for the pump, but I have not been able to find it. Mine is 2005 TT Coupe 180HP FF automatic.

Let me know if you have any info.
Fuse is a 20A item located in the small fuse/ relay box at the back of the engine compartment. fuse number 3 in that box. If you look into the engine compartment on the right hand side at the back under the strut bar by the ABS module you will see the small box.

Thank you so much for responding to this.

Unfortunately, I have already checked the small fuse/relay box on the driver side firewall (assuming that we are talking about the same box), but I did not see any 20A fuse in it. In fact, it did not have any fuse in it other than the two relays. There were only the empty slots but no wires.

Am I looking at the wrong fuse box? Otherwise, I could be wrong but it seems that Audi has been moving around the locations of these fuses depending on the model year and/or the trim. Mine is 2005 180HP FF automatic LHD.

I will post the picture of the small fuse box later on.

Thank you again for your help.

I do not have the fuse in the relay box under the steering wheel either.
IMG 0703
Screenshot 2022 10 29 0758 edited

Last edited: